Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WHAT OXIMETER TO BUY?
WHAT OXIMETER TO BUY?
I dont use PAP (long story I dont tolerate it) but I will try it again. Meanwhile I want to buy an oximeter that records my blood oxygen all night. Im supposed to have severe UARS, lots of arousals, RERAS, hypopnesa, yet no or few oxygen desaturations. I read several posts in this forum about oximeters where people talked about compatibility with OSCAR of only a few brands and models and how hard it is to synch oximeter times with Oscar data when the oximeter is not compatible with Oscar. Again, I dont use PAP now, I just want to see if I desaturate for now, but I want to also try PAP with Oscar. Am I making a huge mistake buying just any Oximeter not regarding Oscar/PAP? Are the ones that sync with Oscar/PAP expensive? Which cheap one can I buy and will it be hard to sync it with Oscar/PAP later? Thanks.

P. Is my Respironics machine (I dont use) shown here part of the recall?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WHAT OXIMETER TO BUY?
If your Respironics Remstar System One is from your original October 2016 joining date with Apnea Board then it probably is a recalled machine. 

At the start of October this year I purchased a "Checkme O2 Max" Smart Wrist Pulse Oximeter, as my whole family (four adults) had came down with a flu the third week of September and were suffering with extended respiratory issues. We checked the accuracy everytime we used it with another Oximeter on the same digit. The Oximeter readings matched every time.   

I was surprised that it took us three weeks into October to show O2 levels start to recover above 95%. The Two members of the household that utilize a *PAP machine were able to match Apnea and Hypoxia events from their Oscar reports to severe drops in saturation levels (>4%) as far down as 78% from the low 90% range, as recorded on the "ViHealth" app, and the "O2 Insight Pro" software.  We were able to show the doctor, print-outs from the "O2 Insight Pro", and logged information from the "ViHealth" app on the Iphone. The nurse remarked that they utilize monitoring equipment from the same manufacture in the clinic. 

The Checkme O2 Max is not cheap ~$175 to $200 range,shop their site and the internet. But now I need to get another one, as both *PAP using members of the household want to wear one every night.

When you get back on the BiPAP therapy I am positive members from this forum will be able to assist you with adapting to the therapy, Post some print outs of your Oscar reports.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 58 3,427 07-25-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 7 1,028 07-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  Resmed Pulse Oximeter - Nonin 3150 BLE Purchase wayneflo 32 1,789 07-07-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  Recording Pulse Oximeter Accuracy Barryng 2 413 05-22-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,690 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 267 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 292 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.