Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WW4B Therapy thread
WW4B Therapy thread
Hello and glad to be part of this forum. Have been using CPAP therapy for awhile and looking for advice on my charts. I have included three charts with different settings in trying to fine tune my therapy. Large leaks seem to be a major issue. The charts with the latest two dates hav e the trigger and cycle set to very high. The earliest dated chart have the settings set to default with lower pressure settings. There are times that I feel that the breathing cycle when inhaling could/should be longer. I feel that I want/need to be taking deeper or longer breaths. Would my charts indicate that this is happening? Would I benefit by changing trigger and cycle settings back to the default settings or changing the Ti min/max settings? Have been reading and absorbing so much on the subject that i get myself confused on what is the right or the more correct approach to fine tune my therapy and feel refreshed when waking. Can someone please offer thier advice, guidance and wisdom. Thank you accepting me into the forum. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Therapy Analysis & Settings Advice..please!
Hello again. I have attached 3 more charts for review in hoping that they may help in deciding what would be the best course of action in determining the correct or best solutions in setting my machine to the correct settings. 
thanks to all in advance...

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone, it has been a few days since this post...does anyone have any advice or guidance to offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again, still looking for advice on my settings. I have changed pressure support to 5 and decreased minimum to 8 in hopes of decreasing large leaks. 
Feel like I am having issues with inhalation as I feel it should be a bit longer. Current settings...
IPAP / 20
Epap / 8
PS / 5
Trigger & Cycle / Med
Ti Max / 3
Ti Min / 0.3 Default
Have attached 2 additional charts to review. What course of action would better suit my needs in regards to what the charts are displaying. 
Should i consider trigger changes or Ti changes? Lower or higher PS? Min pressure changes ?
I realize I may be all over the place but based on my charts what would be a good starting point. 
Than You in advance

Post Reply Post Reply
Frustrated....I give up !
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the delay, but I was busy getting some back surgery for pain.

IMHO you have no reason to change Trigger and Cycle.  Leave them at medium. Your IE ratio is near standard, and a lot of variability is common.  

Your large leaks are steady, implying the possible mouth breathing or a hose fitting or humidifier gasket is leaking or not firmly fit.

With your numbers the question becomes how do you feel?

On PS use the default of 4 for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon, thank you for the reply and hope your back surgery was a success and alleviated your pain. Just off of surgery myself with a hip replacement 8 weeks ago myself and still on the road to recovery but pain free now. Always felt that my inhalation needed to be a tad bit longer. In tinkering I have set trigger to high, lowered min pressure to 9.2 and increased ps to 4.8. Ti max is set to 3.7 and Ti min is at the default setting of 0.3. The only other addition i made was to change the standard head gear on my DreamWear nasal pillow mask to use the headgear with arms. I feel it is a somewhat better fit and the headgear sits lower on the back of the head closer down to the upper base of the neck. 
My first night with these changes resulted in a leak rate of a low 4/L min which is unheard of for me, no large leaks, 0 AHI, and no events. Last nights charts are attached. 
Would very, very much love you advice or opinion on last nights results. Did I just get lucky, who knows at this point but will continue to sleep with and monitor these settings for a few more days. Thank you very much in advance. 

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see a difference between this chart and previous ones.
I'd put Trigger and cycle at Medium, the default values and not change them without a very specific reason and expectation, returning to default if the expectation is not met.
I'd also start with a PS of 4.

Comfort should be driving your changes, not numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very appreciative of the advice and guidance given. Two additional recent graphs are attached. Question...with my 95% pressure settings numbers around 10 and 14 would it be more beneficial if I switched min epap settings to 6-7 / max 20 and lowering PS to 3 or 3.4 range.
All other settings are Trigger & Cycle = Med, Timax=3, Ti min = 0.3. Also how are my flow limitations ?  
Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights chart with differing pressure settings. Where or what would you recommend I stay with for the next 2-4 weeks. Would love to have sleepriders opinion on my settings.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,210 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.