Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Want to IMPROVE please respond
RE: Want to IMPROVE please respond
If you still need an assist, not to worry, tell us what you see in clinical
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Adjusted to 7, here are my options below and how it's currently set.

Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve never had a Respironics machine, so I had to look up Opti Start, which you have turned on. Supposedly it starts at 90% of the previous session.

I don’t have much of an opinion other than why would someone want that if you have APAP.

I don’t know how to see the ramp, but the rest look fine.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Opti start is Respironics increasing the min automatically to decrease the nbrr of events.
Basicly what I was suggesting manually. My suggestion would be to turn it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2020, 10:58 PM)70sSanO Wrote: I’ve never had a Respironics machine, so I had to look up Opti Start, which you have turned on.  Supposedly it starts at 90% of the previous session.

I don’t have much of an opinion other than why would someone want that if you have APAP.

I don’t know how to see the ramp, but the rest look fine.

John

Do not enable optistart it does not work very well your better off controlling the pressure manually
Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard that before on referencing OptiStart. Best practice is turning it off and rely on your manually set numbers.

Back to changing low pressure number from 6 to 7: looks like you got it done. Let us know if it changes your feel or numbers either positively or negatively. I will say if your result from any change is worse feeling, certainly don't hesitate to go back to the prior setting. I'd base any changes on how you feel more than the numbers. Let the numbers serve as your visual, hard data on therapy, but how you feel is a stronger motivation to keep or move on from any setting. Build a nice trend of a few days to see if this setting change is deemed by you as helpful.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 Respond Questions SheShells23 12 463 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 525 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 347 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 261 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I'm new. Shouldn't my machine respond more BeautifulDay 15 755 12-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 502 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.