Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread
Arrow 
WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread
Hello,

New to this therapy: I have been using BiPap ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for 2 weeks now, with a full face mask AirSense F20.  The Obstructive and Hypopnea have come down, but the Centrals remain above 5, even after lowering the pressure down to 2.6.  I would appreciate your suggestions for settings.  Oscar charts are below.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Too Many Central Apneas
First, please use the F12 key to take a full screenshot of the daily screen. You are omitting important information. Try setting your "Trigger" setting to either "High" or "Very High". This can reduce the CAs.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks @Crimson Nape.

Updated Full screenshots are included.  Can you look at them and give me your recommendation?  Thanks again.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would set the min EPAP to 8 and max IPAP to 13. Your tidal volume appears to be low and this may help. Set the Trigger to "High" or "Very High" to address the CAs. If you have the ramp turned on, turn it off. See ho you feel.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Information 
OSCAR: What Happened at @ 3:49?
Looking at last night's OSCAR data, something happened just before 3:49. The mask pressure, EPAP, Pressure, AHI all went up.  There were several Obstructive Apneas starting then.  What does that indicate?

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR: What Happened at @ 3:49?
Since this occurred in a clump, I suspect either you were sleeping on your back or were tucking your chin.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WantAhi5 - Therapy Thread
Thanks to your advice, the AHI dropped to just 2.2!

Per your advice, I have min EPAP to 8 and max IPAP to 13. Trigger is set to "Very High". Ramp was already off.

Earlier, I had lowered PS to 2.6 to address high CA's.  With CA's mostly gone, would it help to increase PS?  What other changes would you recommend?

Thanks again for your help, you are a life saver!

Post Reply Post Reply
When you get a chance, I would appreciate your help. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I will give you my 2cents. I think your centrals were better controlled by the trigger set to very high. Your pressures are topping out at 13 and what drives pressure up on a resmed are the flow limits. You decreased your ps and I think that setting it to ps 4 would help. Also still a little bit of positional apnea is present as seen in H and O events very close together. So you can still work on that. But things are looking better.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Based off your last chart, I wouldn't increase the PS. You're still experiencing CAs, and increasing the PS would aggravate this. Instead, I would increase the minimum EPAP to 9 cm. This should reduce the hypopneas.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 35 966 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 59 989 14 minutes ago
Last Post: stevew168
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 712 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 472 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 479 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 801 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,896 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.