Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Warmer Air
Warmer Air
I would like to breath warmer air.  Will a heated hose increase the air temperature?  I would like 5-8 degrees.

Thanks,

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Warmer Air
Yes, a heated hose can let you control the temperature of air delivered to the mask.  I find it much more comfortable than a standard hose.  

Another option to try is a sleeve over the hose.  It can insulate the hose.  It won't physically heat the air to any degree but it will prevent some heat loss.
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated hose cannot heat the air as the flowrate is too fast. The heated hose has slightly heated walls to prevent condensation of humidity on the hose wall.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Increasing the humifier temperature should help, but it will also increase humidity.  Then you would want a heated hose and hose cover to control the resulting rainout.  5-8 degrees might be a lot to expect from this.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could set up a small heating device near the air intake for the machine. Be sure there is clear space and nothing flamable around it and that it has an automatic shut off if it tips.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The Aussie heated hose from Sleepzone is the only one I know of that actually warms the air. I used this for many years, and it has a thick visile copper wire embedded into the hose with a cover that insulates. It is very warm. You won't get a hose that warms the air from the OEM providers. If you want warm, look at Sleepzone.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't know on a Resmed. But turning up hose temp on a PR 560 will defintly get you up to 8 degrees above ambient temperature.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.