Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am.
Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am.
I don't wake up feeling as refreshed anymore. I was doing really well after some suggested tweaks by the board - specifically adjusting EPR and playing with min/max. I have gained around 5lbs recently. Attached 3 days worth of data - not sure what's causing the huge leaks. I don't get too congested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am.
CA’s are the culprit, as you already know from your previous thread. Given you have already have dialed back EPR to 1, you could try a fixed pressure of 9 with EPR 1 to see if it is the late pressure swings causing them. At lower pressures things look good, so locking it in may work.

Give it a try for a few nights and let us know. If things go totally bonkers, then revert, but worth a go.

At the same time, make sure you are keeping the airway open with a lower pillow and possibly a soft cervical collar to keep your neck from kinking. It could be that as you go into REM you are chin-tucking which closes some of the airway, which increase flow limitations, and requires the machine to increase pressure to keep it open. Something to ponder.
Post Reply Post Reply
Set manual pressure to 9. I have a chinstrap, that should help with collapse I think. Maybe the strap is stretching out too much and I need to replace it. I do have a cervical collar, may try to use that tonight. Woke up with aerophagia today, but I think there's been some kind of improvement? Attached last night's Oscar data here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried busting out the cervical collar again, and wow. What a difference it's making. It looks like you were spot on about chin-tucking during REM. AHI down to 1.22 - but the most noticeably thing is that my AHI spikes are maxing out at 3. Before, my average AHI was around 2-3, but going up to around 9 at peak. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ta. It is my pleasure to help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 80 04-24-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  Low OA, Higher CA Scores Davaadtron 6 208 04-23-2024, 11:56 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 6 210 04-19-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Hauty
  New to all. Have lots of ?? DudleyDoRight 7 231 04-18-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,780 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 704 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to Bilevel and lots of CAs brainfoggysleeper 2 200 03-29-2024, 07:28 AM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.