Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Water in tubing???
Water in tubing???
Why do I have humidifier water in my connector tube? I heard a pop pop noise while sleeping , woke up and decided to check my tubing. When I disconnected, water poured out on my bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Water in tubing???
Its water broke!  Big Grin  

Seriously, the popping sound you heard is probably air passing through the water buildup in the hose.  Condensation buildup is known as "rainout", and is a common problem.  This can occur when your humidity level is set to a value that is producing more moisture than can be delivered to the patient before it cools to the point of condensing. Having your CPAP at or below mattress level, then running the hose above the head, and back down to your mask will really help.  This allows any rainout to drop back to the CPAP outlet and not to the user.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I would not have figured this out on my own.

Thanks. I would not have figured this out on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are also heated hoses that reduce or eliminate this. I have one on my fairly new CPAP. Last night I turned my humidity up for the first time and I woke up with water gurgling. Tonight I'm going to try turning the hose temperature up a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just remember, any mask that has an umbilical hose is not protected by the heat and can allow condensation to form.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had this happen with both a heated and unheated hose. Seeing the doctor next week for the first time since I got the machine. I'll have her check the settings. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheila, This is a life long journey. Please do some reading/ research on how to adjust your own equipment. Nobody can do a better job than you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. But I'm only in the first five days.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's really important that the tube rise from the CPAP before dropping back to where you sleep. If the tube is flat or creates a U shape, water will collect at the low point if you have condensation or water carryover from the humidifier. Try suspending the tube to be higher than the CPAP, even if you have to place the CPAP at a lower elevation. Many people sleep with the CPAP level with where they sleep. Mine is in the lower drawer of a 2-drawer bedside chest. It makes a huge difference if water is able to run back into the humidifier rather than water-boarding you in bed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Sounds like it is all in the mechanics! I have spent several hours looking for the right stand. The one I have now is 4-5 inches below mattress levels. Since I am having problems, I will look for something lower.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 87 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.