Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dream Station 2 stats
Question 
Dream Station 2 stats
Hi... I have now received 2 new CPAPs from Philips ... a Dream Station 1 and a Dream Station 2.  Even though I've read less than positive reviews about the "2" I've tried it the last few nights and do like that it seems to be ultra quiet and it also uses humidifier water at a slower rate (or so it seems)... but I wanted to check the data in OSCAR to see what was actually happening overnight and found that several of the numbers I'm used to seeing aren't there at all, namely AVG/MIN/MAX and 95% pressure all show 0.00.  Is this due to something I've set up incorrectly in the provider menu?  Appreciate any suggestions anyone might have!  Thanks so much.  (I tried to paste a screen shot but it was just a bunch of nonsense in the post)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dream Station 2 stats
My DS2.....
Are these the numbers you are referring to? I don't think there is a setting that affects the data recording of those. Does other data seem to show up OK? Are you using a freshly formatted SD Card in the DS2 that won't have data from another machine?

[Image: 3qu64zA.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Not quite... I wish I could figure out how to attach what I see.  Those numbers are there but all the results I had on my prior machine had an additional set of numbers reported.... It's not freshly formatted but it's a Philips card with lots of room on it and Oscar recognized the machine and just the 3 night it's been used right away.  

It used to have categories like this:  (which I know are kind of hard to read...sorry)
***  Moderator Note: Font size corrected  ***
Average Pressure
Min Pressure
Max Pressure
95% Pressure
Average Pressure Set
Min Pressure Set
Max Pressure Set
95% Pressure Set
And I don't know what the difference is between just plain Pressure and Pressure Set.  Maybe there isn't a difference?  But the ResMed machine I was using while waiting for the Philips replacement reported numbers in both those categories and they weren't the same so it's just kind of confusing.

Thanks for your reply.
Sally
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a Resmed AS10 Autoset. The status tab for it is shown below. I have three separate profiles in OSCAR, DS2, DS1, and the AS10. Had you used the same SD Card in your Resmed machine and that data is still on the card? I'm wondering if OSCAR is trying to pull in your Resmed data, but it's empty and shows zeros for the same date that your DS2 has data showing(?) Under 'Device Information' do you have more than one machine showing? Respironics appears to use 'Set' in the description, where Resmed doesn't.

[Image: GSIeti3.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. 
I have not used that SD card in the ResMed machine but the statistics I’m looking at for earlier time periods were downloaded from the card that was used in the ResMed so that explains why both categories are there. 

And I had a DreamStation 1 at the time of the recall but I had only had it for a few months so there is probably also data from an old System One on there as well 

I shouldn’t be surprised that Oscar is confused since I certainly am. 

Thanks for explaining that the difference between Pressure and Pressure Set is just semantic. That helps a lot. 

Sally
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 369 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,151 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 417 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,508 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 395 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.