Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wattage of Resmed Air Sense 10 without humidifier?
Wattage of Resmed Air Sense 10 without humidifier?
Hi.

Just wondering if anyone knows the Max draw of a resmed air sense 10 machine with the humidifier switched off?

I've seen with it on its between 53 watts to 104 watts peak.

I am looking at taking my machine on a plane, however the power socket has a max 75 watt supply and cannot be reset If it trips.   So I'm hoping with the humidifier off it will be well under 75?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wattage of Resmed Air Sense 10 without humidifier?
What is the max pressure you use and are you using a heated hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
Fixed pressure of 7.  Heated hose yes.   Doesn't the heated hose only work if you use the humidifier?  I'm trying to make it work under 75 watts If possible by turning off whatever needs to be turned off.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the image attaches correctly, it shows the amps drawn at 12 volts. Top of the image is no heated hose and no humidifier. Bottom of image shows heated hose and humidifier on full.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, looks like the image didn’t attach.

It showed that @ pressure of 10 without heated tube or humidifier it draws .93 amps at 12 volts = 11 watts.

@ pressure of 10 with heated hose and humidifier at 8 it draws 4.92 amps * 12 volts = 59 watts.

These DC watts are created by an AC/DC convertor which isn’t 100% efficient, so guessing that’s it 75% efficient changes those wattage requirements from 14.6 to 78.6 watts.

I’m sort of pretty sure about the calculations.

So, if you aren’t using a humidifier:

With heated hose @ pressure 20 is 3.5 amps * 12 volts = 42 watts@75% efficiency is 56 watts draw

Without heated hose @ pressure 20 is 1.66 amps * 12 volts = 20 watts @75% efficiency is 26.5 watts draw

In conclusion, if you have no humidifier and NOT a heated hose you are fine and if you have a heated hose you are probably fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
At a fixed pressure of 7 with a heated hose it is:
1.2 amps * 12 volts = 14.4 watts @75% efficiency is 19.2 watts draw

I think you’ll be fine

Unless all my calculations are wrong.

Which I don’t think they are

Maybe someone will confirm them
Post Reply Post Reply
Last Fall I checked my Dream Station 2 power draw with a Kill-A-Watt power meter and posted my findings in a thread on this site.
Link to the post........   https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid449770

I would tend to think your AS10 would be very similar and not much to worry about with the 75 watts max
Post Reply Post Reply
@ Face: is the image from the Resmed Battery Guide?  I tested the amperage on my S9 with a (cheap) KIll-a-watt type meter and found that the draw of current was larger than that reported in the Guide.  Of course, it was a cheap meter!

OP: are you using a DC power source and the DC to DC power block
       OR a battery type with an inverter and 120 AC receptacle? with the regular AC to DC power block

Are you just turning off the humidifier or by any chance, removing it and putting on the cover plate?  This would make it smaller for travelling

Does anyone know whether the heated hose turns off if the humidifier is turned off or removed?
Post Reply Post Reply
Using just the included 90watt ac/dc charger is says on it. 24v.

Was just going to leave the humidifier in and not use it as I'm not overly concerned about space. Is it recommended to remove it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2023, 08:00 PM)snorin2 Wrote: @ Face: is the image from the Resmed Battery Guide?

Yes, I used that guide.

Interesting that a poster mentioned a surge upon startup. That makes sense but a breaker might ignore that.

If using an AC adapter it would be a good idea to look on the adapter and see what amperage it draws at 120 volts. Maybe it draws a certain minimum amperage no matter what it’s supplying. Amps * Voltage gives the watts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 368 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,072 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 261 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,510 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 912 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 405 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.