Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waveform Analysis please
Waveform Analysis please
Hey all this is a typical waveform of mine while I'm sleeping.  Is this normal?  I keep reading how it should be sinusoidal, and this isn't sinusoidal.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waveform Analysis please
Sinusoidal not a sine wave.
Aside from some very minor flow Limitations and son oral inhalation likely during a a=ousal that's abitr as gód as it gets

Why 6.8 PS? That is what is abnormal here
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh that was not your first post, give me some time to find and research your other posts and see if I see something new.
It may take awhile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon hello!  Let me post another one - this was perfectly sinusoidal so was during REM sleep but then some wierd stuff happened, maybe you can help me with it.  And thank you for the analysis of the first one.

I'm not sure what the extended plateau means before inspiration.  Are those microapneas or something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Those would be apneas except that they didn't last 10 seconds required.n my guess central because I didn't see a recovery breath.

Back your PS off to 5 and that should help

In your other thread you said your CO2 is low. That's not especially bad but could definitely be contributing to these apneas. The solution is to stop flushing too much CO2 from your system by decreasing your PS.

Why are you at such a high PS anyway?
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon thank you so much for your help!  This is what my neurologist / sleep doctor set me at originally - Ipap 12 and epap 6.  She even recommended recently I back my settings off to Ipap 12 and epap 4 because I was having some trouble breathing out against the pressure.  If my ipap is lower I don't feel like I'm getting enough air.

So these are micro centrals during REM sleep?  I figured that would be the case.  Going to set up a user defined category to catch these.  Also going to see if they are present with my new AVAPS.  No wonder I'm getting crap sleep if I'm getting tons of these Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2023, 05:36 PM)Gideon Wrote: Those would be apneas except that they didn't last 10 seconds required.n my guess central because I didn't see a recovery breath.

Back your PS off to 5 and that should help

In your other thread you said your CO2 is low.   That's not especially bad but could definitely be contributing to these apneas.  The solution is to stop flushing too much CO2 from your system by decreasing your PS.

Why are you at such a high PS anyway?

Gideon, I'm going to get ready for bed.  If there is any way you or another of the gurus can tell me how to set up my OSCAR so I can flag central events with a lesser duration, I would most certainly appreciate it.  I have just bought an ASV out of pocket in the hopes that it will help my myriad breathing issues.  Hopefully it will treat central sleep apneas, otherwise I'm out some serious money.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 5 147 9 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 630 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 567 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,882 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 192 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 317 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 277 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.