Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wearable Sleep Tracker Apps
Wearable Sleep Tracker Apps
Does anyone bother with them to augment sleep quality information?  
My brother uses one on his Apple watch and keeps track of his sleep patterns, which seems quite useful. 
I'm curious enough to look into it a bit, but wanted to see if the more experienced CPAPers held them in any regard. 
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wearable Sleep Tracker Apps
Most of them monitor sleep quality by movement. So if you are still all night, it says you had a good sleep. If you move around a lot, it says you had a bad sleep. Perhaps it can detect pulse rate, but I'd not put much faith in it.

It is one piece of the puzzle, yes. If you wanted to know how much you move at night, that's what it would tell you. But I'd not invest much into it.

Might could strap one to an ankle to see if you have PLMD during the night but, again, it is limited.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Fitbit 2 for the last 6 weeks. I'm amazed at its accuracy with regard to detecting motion events. I have spent some time matching these up against Sleepyhead recorded events and find the two to be strikingly similar. 

I have been rating my sleep each morning and recording my data in a journal. My normal AHI is less than 1 but I have found that doesn't tell the whole story. Various sleep stages and length of sleep are just as important. I can usually guess with close accuracy as to what my numbers will look like. Achieving a high ratio of deep sleep with over 8 hours of total sleep is the key for me. 

I'm working on the deep sleep aspect but have not found a silver bullet. Although, limiting alcohol consumption seems to help. If anyone has any ideas or information on how to improve and increase deep sleep that would be great.

I would highly recommend adding a sleep tracker!

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL!   If I died, I wonder if I went to heaven? 
Couldn't help but giggle. And yes, I got one.... for my training as well Wink

[Image: G6QRvytl.png]

[Image: uE19HmXl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 63 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 682 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.