Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird Leak
Weird Leak
Last night, I had a dream about late-night construction noise keeping me from going to bed. I woke up to find that my chinstrap had turned a mouth leak into a long-lasting Bronx cheer. What a weird way to wake up.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird Leak
Good grief. The weirdness never ends, huh? Hope you were able to shake the feeling off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like when my mom was sleeping at night and thought her pillow-case had come off, so she put it back on...

In the morning light she found that her pillow was neatly dressed with my dad's undershirt. Rolleyes
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi big_dave, Dreams can seem so real. Hopefully, you got back to sleep o kay after that funny episode, (Ha-Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I got back to sleep within about 5 minutes, but I took a short ride on the subway in another dream. I have to wonder if the same thing happened again. When I looked at my graphs, my leaks were somewhat higher than normal but still well below 24.

Once before I started CPAP, I dreamed that I was on the battlefield in Iraq. I'm a 1980's veteran and I never saw combat. I woke up to a neighbor loudly banging on the wall to complain about my snoring.
Post Reply Post Reply
I remember many weird dreams before the CPAP. Almost every night. I would wake up feeling absolutely awful. Never had a neighbor banging on my wall because of snoring though!

I am quite thankful that, for the most part, those awful dreams have not come back. If they do, I will most definitely check my stats and see if there is a correlation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I started CPAP therapy I would always have bad dreams when I was laying on my back but now, I rarely have that problem any more.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
BCPAP (before cpap), I had weird dreams. I could control them, stop, rewind, change, even repeat over and over. Then, ACPAP (after cpap) I had about three, maybe 4 weeks of intense dreams, near nightmarish. I could no longer control them and I could almost hear my brain doing the mad scientist laugh in the background. "Mwahaha! You can't stop me now!"
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP I had dreams that scared me. The common theme was that "it's not safe". There was always some danger that terrorized me.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 231 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 139 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 132 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 189 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 665 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.