Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird sound coming from Resmed Airsense 10
Weird sound coming from Resmed Airsense 10
Hi guys,
I'm Greg and I'm new to this board. 

I've been using a Resmed Airsense 10 for the past 5 years. Insurance allowed me to trade one out but now my replacement is making this weird sound. The sound reminds me of a VCR tape being rewound in a rewinding machine. The sound is constant and does not change or fluctuate with my breathing. I have re-attached the hose from both ends and have reseated the water tank and yet the sound persists.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the cause and the solution?

p.s. I have asked insurance for another replacement but that could take 10 business days once the referral goes through. I have grown dependent on my c-pap and I really do not want to subject my wife to my snoring (sleep apnea).

Thanks,
Greg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird sound coming from Resmed Airsense 10
Hi milim72!  -  Welcome
While I don't have a direct answer, I'm trying to think of all the possibilities that may make the noise.  Based on your sound description, I am guessing a bearing on the blower motor. (Bummer!)   On the off chance it is a weird air leak sound, try the following:  If you have the cover side plate used to replace the tank, try that to see if it may be one of the 3 seals.  Since the humidifier uses a face type seal to connect it to the CPAP, make sure there isn't any debris or nicks on the mating silicon seals.  You most likely won't have any food grade silicon grease, but you might try using mineral or vegetable oil and apply it to the tank lid seal and connection seals for a test to see if the noise is eliminated.

Good luck and keep us updated on your plight.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 343 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 182 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.