Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Well the sleep apnea curse has struck .
RE: Well the sleep apnea curse has struck .
As suggested by OpalRose ( thank you ) I changed some resmed settings and this is my second OSCAR nightly report .

So I managed to keep my mask on for a bit longer this time, I can’t really remember why I took the mask off , may be again out of frustration , but I’m not sure. 

After removing the mask and switching off the resmed machine I can’t really recall or remember if I actually did go to sleep and if I did for how long . I’m wondering if there’s some sort of device may be a finger ring or wrist watch that I could wear that would actually tell me if I did go to sleep after removing the face mask . 

I went to a local pharmacy and asked about the drug Trazodone and I was told that its only available with a doctors prescription. The pharmacy could offer me an alternative drug called Amitriptyline.

Any thoughts on the above would be most welcome 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2023, 02:55 AM)Chang Wrote: The more I hear about sleep apnea the more its becoming apparent that it involves many areas and my poor attitude ( removing my mask to quickly ) is some thing I need to address right away . My only defence is my returning frustration that I’m not seeing the results ( going to sleep while wearing the mask ) and that frustration only adds more anxiety to my daily life. 
For most of us, things get worse before they get better. The hose and pressurized air are uncomfortable and we end up getting less, not more, sleep. But this is just a temporary phase that will pass. Soon you will get used to the machine and you will start getting some better sleep. After a while you will feel better than you have in years.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2023, 09:26 PM)Sleepster Wrote: For most of us, things get worse before they get better. The hose and pressurized air are uncomfortable and we end up getting less, not more, sleep. But this is just a temporary phase that will pass. Soon you will get used to the machine and you will start getting some better sleep. After a while you will feel better than you have in years.

Thanks for the support and encouragement, I’m really looking forward to feeling better and enjoying my life even more . 

Post Reply Post Reply
This is my third OSCAR nightly report, due to having a bad thunderstorm the house electricity went off until the early morning so this report only shows 1.24 minuets. Its the AHI  0.00 that I can’t understand .

Any thoughts on the above would be most welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
This is my 4th OSCAR report, looks like I'm doing a bit better .

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good! But it's how you feel that counts.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 238 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.