Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem
Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem
The post below duplicates a reply I posted earlier today by mistake in the product review forum. I apologize for the duplicate post.

I could use some help connecting my new Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 wrist monitor with the O2 Insight Pro program for Windows.

I’ve downloaded and installed Insight Pro ver. 1.8.0 on 2 different up-to-date Windows computers but so far neither PC will connect to the Checkme O2. I’ve tried all the USB ports on both PCs but neither PC detects the Checkme O2. I’ve restarted, rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, redownloaded, tested all UBS ports, and made sure the supplied cable is securely connected to the Checkme O2 and each USB port.

Alas, my PCs simply will not detect a connection with the Checkme O2.

However, the supplied cable works fine for charging the Checkme O2 and the Checkme O2 interacts perfectly via Bluetooth with the ViHealth app on my  iPhone.

I’ve sent both chat and email messages to both Viatom and Wellue but no response yet.

Perhaps the cable supplied with the Checkme O2 is defective?

I would greatly appreciate any help you smart folks using the Checkme O2 can offer.

Thanks,
AndyB
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem
Andy,

I have an older SleepU and I use Bluetooth to connect the device to O2 Insight Pro, albeit on a Mac.

Open the app then wake up your oximeter (just place the probe on your finger momentarily until the display shows. Then click the "Connect" button. It should search for the Bluetooth signal from your device.

See if that works for you.....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Andy,

I have a Wellue O2Ring. To connect the O2Ring to my PC and download the data to Insight Pro the O2Ring needs to be connected using a a USB 'Data/Charging cable' which ls the one in this Amazon link....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HGV...UTF8&psc=1

The O2Ring will not download the data with a 'charging cable' which looks like a standard USB cable. Within the rectangular block of the data cable there is some electronics which processes the O2Ring data to be compatible with a PC via a USB connection.

I don't know if the Checkme O2 needs a data cable for the PC connection, but somehow suspect it does. The instruction sheet I downloaded mentions data cable (sort of)
"3.2 How to connect the monitor to PC1. Turn on device, connect the device to PC USB
port with the supplied Cable of data."

Just found this thread and it may confirm that the black data cable is needed for data transfer for the Checkme O2...
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-to-OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff8356 and StratCat48,

Wow! I just mean WOW!

Huge thanks to both of you for your very informative and generous insights.

Neither of my PCs are Bluetooth capable, so I’ll try the special data cable alternative for now.

What a truly fine community this is. Thank you both again.

AndyB
Post Reply Post Reply
Checkme O2 Max
Oscar 1.4.0
O2 Insight Pro 1.2.0
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Has anyone got tips on connecting the Checkme O2 max to the O2 Insight Pro software? Software says no device connected. I am using the USB cable supplied with the device. I found the link to USB drivers in the Oscar app ( https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to...cp-drivers) and I installed all 3 versions applicable to Windows.

In device manager, I think the Checkme is recognized by the computer as a USB Input Device, but I don't know what to do next to get the software to detect it

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
00derek....

Does the supplied cable look like the one in this link ..... (large end on the USB connection to the PC)
https://www.amazon.com/Wearpulse-Origina...128&sr=1-1

If it doesn't look like the one in the link, the supplied cable may be for charging only and might not transfer data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
not exactly...

but it was in the package with the device, and the instructions suggest it should work with the software, not just for charging ("supplied cable of data").

are you saying I need the Amazon cable?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
No, you don't need another cable. The correct driver was installed when you installed the O2 Insight Pro software. If you installed the drivers afterward, you may have corrupted the driver you need. Uninstall O2 Insight Pro and then reinstall it, with a computer reboot in between,

Try plugging in the oximeter to the USB first, then start the software.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, that all worked, thank you!

Started on a different computer without the program. Plugged in the device, loaded the software, started the software....no device connected.

Reboot, started the software....no device connected. Then I clicked download and things happened. Connected and downloaded data
Post Reply Post Reply
p.s.

can I import oximeter data directly using OSCAR or do I need to download it first using O2 Insight, then move files?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 42 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 936 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 915 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 163 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 341 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 170 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 246 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.