Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem
RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem
You have to use either the file created by the PC or from your cell phone. OSCAR does not support a direct import from the oximeter.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That cable looks a lot better than the original ones - sealed and short rather than a long easily opened housing. The "cable" is not just wires - it includes a CH9326 HID to Serial chip. Mine has been through the wars and I've had to repair the USB side and the cable side as it has been knocked and bent at various times.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2023, 12:44 AM)kappa Wrote: That cable looks a lot better than the original ones - sealed and short rather than a long easily opened housing. The "cable" is not just wires - it includes a CH9326 HID to Serial chip. Mine has been through the wars and I've had to repair the USB side and the cable side as it has been knocked and bent at various times.

I learnt the hard way losing my first usb cable and then got another O2ring a couple of years later and have been using insight software since instead of bluetooth . The 2nd O2 ring wont charge now so just going to send the ring back for a refund and keep the cable. See if that works. Grey band broke in middle on 1st one but since fixed it with sticky tape and is more comfortable than the grey stock ring on its own. Nice to have a circuit diagram to wire that chip up so I can make a longer cable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2023, 12:44 AM)kappa Wrote: That cable looks a lot better than the original ones - sealed and short rather than a long easily opened housing. The "cable" is not just wires - it includes a CH9326 HID to Serial chip. Mine has been through the wars and I've had to repair the USB side and the cable side as it has been knocked and bent at various times.

I learnt the hard way losing my first usb cable and then got another O2ring a couple of years later and have been using insight software since instead of bluetooth . The 2nd O2 ring wont charge now so just going to send the ring back for a refund and keep the cable. See if that works. Grey band broke in middle on 1st one but since fixed it with sticky tape and is more comfortable than the grey stock ring on its own. Nice to have a diagram to wire that chip up so I can make a longer cable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why not get a USB extension cable? So long as the USB/HID chip is in the physical path, it will work.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, the old style cable wasn't durable and flexing of the cable at the housing has a tendency to break the wires at the solder pads which is repairable if one can solder. My wife's O2Ring band did break and I 'stitched' it together which worked OK.
The new cable looks better designed and hopefully more durable. I think I would mark or tag it somehow to identify it as cable specifically  for the Checkme O2 as it looks too similar to other standard USB cables and could easily get mixed up with other cables. Replacement is pricey like its predecessor.
[DME Link Removed] See Supplier #40 - Wellue Data/Charging Cable

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----

[Image: 08kIg1f.jpg]

[Image: jzvTsB2.jpg]

Cable is hot glued to the housing and the wires have not broken off from the solder pads since doing this.

[Image: AcTipNu.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Vibeat OxyRing Oxygen Monitor and also have issues with connections not always working. I reread the help and they said to 1) turn the Bluetooth off and on, but that did not work. 2) They also said to delete the O2 ring from the ViHealth application. I did it and it worked!

I hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
StratCat48, it's interesting that your white cable is connected to RXD while mine is connected to TXD. It's possible that I rewired it incorrectly (not sure if both were broken off at some point), but it still works in its current state. Was the patch wire there when you opened it or did you add that as a repair?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had network patch cables that had the wrong wire color sequence, but because the other end matched, the cable worked correctly. Neither end matched the 568a or 568b spec.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 78 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 647 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 193 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,303 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.