Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wellue/Viatom SleepU on Windows 10
Wellue/Viatom SleepU on Windows 10
I've been using a Wellue SleepU successfully for several months. I use their O2 Insight Pro to upload data to the Win10 computer.

However, starting several weeks ago, O2 Insight Pro can no longer see the SleepU, so I cannot copy data to the computer.

Has anyone had a similar problem or know how I might fix this?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wellue/Viacom SleepU on Windows 10
Here is my Device Manger HID Compliant Device listing for my SleepU:
  • Hardware IDs:
    HID\VID_1A86&PID_E010&REV_3400
    HID\VID_1A86&PID_E010
    HID_DEVICE_UP:FFA0_U:0001
    HID_DEVICE

• Device Class GUID: 745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da

• Driver Key: 745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da\0052

• Bus type GUID: eeaf37d0-1963-47c4-aa48-72476db7cf49

• Base Container ID: 2b1debfe-9614-5022-b5f2-f0e208501022

• Device Instance Path: HID\VID_1A86&PID_E010\6&11A75B18&0&0000

• Parent: USB\VID_1A86&PID_E010\12345678

• Container ID: {2b1debfe-9641-5022-b5f2-f0e208501022}

• Install Date:  Note: This date is the only actual hint of which HID-compliant device the SleepU is.   Out of all 5 devices I have listed, this was the only one with an installation date of 2020.  All other devices listed predated my acquisition of the SleepU by several years.

You could also try using the Bluetooth app, ViHealth, to see if it will communicate that way.

I hope some of this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting -- I can't find the SleepU in the device manager.

ViHealth on the phone works ok. I can import data there and see the charts. If I can transfer files from ViHealth on the phone to the PC and import files into OSCAR from there. I'll look into that but it is a disappointment that direct transfer to the PC stopped working.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also would search your registry for the GUID number and any entry with the SleepU's unique ID data and try deleting it to see if it will re-register, in case you have the Alzheimer's version of Windows.  You might also run through these tips to see if any help. https://www.online-tech-tips.com/compute...ecognized/

Does your cable allow you to recharge the SleepU? I'm wondering if your HID/USB cable is on the fritz. Wellue sells the replacement cable for $40. You will have to go to their store and scroll down to find it.

Last observation; I noticed the cable seems to be the registered device.  I can plug it in without the SleepU and Windows produces the notification sound and adds the device to the HID list.  Plugging the SleepU doesn't produce any additional notification.

I hope you find the problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't get a notification sound when I plug the cable in. I also tried moving the cable to a USB port on the computer, instead of the hub, with no change in (lack of) behavior.

The problem could be the cable. I can still charge using the cable. It's a custom cable and pretty short, which is inconvenient in its own right.

Registry search is **slow**!
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like your Cable has gone Awol can you plug it in another PC/Laptop to check
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1A86&PID_E010\12345678. Export it to a safe location, then delete it. From what I gather from reading the Windows/inf/input.inf file, the VID_## is the manufacturer's number. The VID_1A86 isn't registered in this file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try the laptop tomorrow.

I do notice that the computer beeps when I remove the cable, and beeps when I insert it, but no relevant messages. I tried with the firewall off but that didn't help.

No luck an removing the registry entry.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
A simple thought...do you switch the phone app to "offline mode" before trying to connect to the Windows application? I have found that I can just stay connected to the phone app and export a binary file straight to my email on my laptop, and then save it to my Downloads directory. Although I put Oscar on my Win 10 machine, too, I am using the O2Ring with the iPhone app and Oscar on my Macbook pro of ancient vintage but with latest software updates, so none of my thoughts may apply to your situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wellue/Viatom SleepU cable internals
UPDATE: Wellue sent me a replacement cable and the SleepU is now charging and uploading data as it did before.

fwiw, here are some photos of the internals of the USB connector:

The big chip is a WCH CH9326, a HID to UART converter. The small chip is a 662K, a "3.3V 200mA Positive Fixed LDO Voltage Regulator in SOT-23 package." I think the little things are capacitors.

Soldering looks like it was done manually.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,388 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 643 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 191 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,298 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 508 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.