Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What Should I Watch Out for with Lincare?
RE: What Should I Watch Out for with Lincare?
If you have a prescription, you have everything you need. Be sure to keep physical copies of past prescriptions and sleep studies. There is NO requirement for a sleep study unless there is a significant break in your treatment, and even then, the prescription trumps all. That is an order for treatment that insurance companies will honor as long as the diagnosis exists. Call your insurer, get the DME list, and find a better provider.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here in WI I used to use LinCare and Apria until they both became so awful that we left them both! We use ThedaCare At Home now. They aren’t perfect but much better than the others! Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2017, 06:33 PM)Melman Wrote: I only have two DME choices in my home city, Apria and Lincare.  I was with apria for years and they were awful to deal with. It wasn't even possible to phone the local office. In January I got my Dr. to write a prescription to replace my 9 year old CPAP and switched to Lincare. So far the experience has been much better. I can phone the local office and they are quite friendly. I have been assigned a case officer in another state for whom I have a direct phone number, who seems to know who I am, and is friendly and doesn't seem to mind answering questions. I was provided an airsense 10 autoset. Their "respiratory therapist" was friendly and seemed reasonably competent except that he had my machine set up for nasal pillows although he knew I use a full face mask. (I caught that right away and changed the setting.) I'm trying an Amara View mask for 30 days and understand I can get it replaced with a mask of my choice within 30 days at no additional charge. I'm wondering if that will be the first real test.

They bill ridiculous amounts to my insurance company but I understand that's how all DMEs operate. Fortunately my insurance company denies most of the charge and my coinsurance payments have been reasonable. (about $10/mo for the one year lease of the machine after which I'm told I own it and $24 for the mask with headgear.) I have a medicare addvantage plan.

It seems Lincare is not highly regarded in this forum and I'm wondering if they have improved. They seem much better than Apria. I would appreciate any advice on what to look out for from anyone who has recent experience with Lincare.

Look out for the quickest way to be rid of them.  Best advise I can give. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Venomous Duck, you might want to contact Lincare Regional Office and explain to them why you left. Complain to your insurance company as to why you left. Unless complaints with information are made, nothing ever gets fixed. My Lincare office was pretty good, but their office was not handicapped accessible along with being across town. Once my local healthcare group were approved on the Medicare bid, I switched my brother and myself to it. For some things Lincare was MUCH BETTER.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Trust in CheckmeMax O2 Watch cmpman1974 1 309 10-05-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 8 913 07-17-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: rretamalt
Question Fitbit / Apple Watch with OSCAR B1Sailor 11 2,190 11-22-2022, 08:27 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Watch for monitoring sleep? Benzi 0 492 06-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Benzi
  My Sleep Record according to my (not so) Smart Samsung Watch S. Manz 18 2,413 12-06-2021, 10:22 AM
Last Post: ScottZZZ
  [Equipment] finally got someone to listen at lincare ajwees41 2 781 10-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ajwees41
  Pulse Ox Smart Watch Monitoring podsJ 12 2,010 08-18-2021, 11:53 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.