Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What can I use instead of headgear? Or fix?
RE: What can I use instead of headgear? Or fix?
Just to clarify one aspect, when I say the ASV is the best to take care of CA, this is because it's a specific BPAP for a very specific need. BPAP without identifiers can be any bilevel. At least to me, this is like saying I have a ResMed.

PAPs other than ASV (and a far lesser degree of success the ST), any other PAP can AVOID but can't treat Centrals.

I mentioned preventing. Preventing versus ? Then we're talking preventing centrals versus avoiding.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2021, 11:52 AM)Benzi Wrote: Gotcha. I think my P30i frame needs more frequent cleaning.
I bought some headgear strap covers from Amazon. I change them every day so I feel clean on my skin then wash them all at the end of the week.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2021, 04:27 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Just to clarify one aspect, when I say the ASV is the best to take care of CA, this is because it's a specific BPAP for a very specific need. BPAP without identifiers can be any bilevel. At least to me, this is like saying I have a ResMed.

PAPs other than ASV (and a far lesser degree of success the ST), any other PAP can AVOID but can't treat Centrals.

I mentioned preventing. Preventing versus ? Then we're talking preventing centrals versus avoiding
Sorry - what's the difference between preventing and avoiding?
Post Reply Post Reply
If the ASV prevents a Central Apnea it didn't happen. If the regular CPAP, APAP, BPAP senses a Central Apnea, your settings are needed to be set in such a way so you don't crash into it, you avoid it. Avoidance isn't treating it.

Sort of like in a car, in some cars you can avoid the accident, but other specially equipped cars actually actively prevent the accident.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2021, 09:06 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: If the ASV prevents a Central Apnea it didn't happen. If the regular CPAP, APAP, BPAP senses a Central Apnea, your settings are needed to be set in such a way so you don't crash into it, you avoid it. Avoidance isn't treating it.

Sort of like in a car, in some cars you can avoid the accident, but other specially equipped cars actually actively prevent the accident.

So I guess my CPAP isn't avoiding or preventing the CAs....
Post Reply Post Reply
Inhale is where the pap assist comes in, not exhale. Non ASV machines correct on the following breaths. ASV always applies it's min PS as do all BiLevels, but when minute volume is falling below your norm ASV applies a higher variable PS to maintain your breathing on the same breath it detects it on, fraction of a second I believe. Thus it treats the central.

On a standard CPAP, APAP, BiLevel we reduce or minimize those conditions that are proven to cause Central Apneas, though with idiopathic central Apnea it has little to no effect. Thus we avoid the central Apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 437 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 349 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 471 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 421 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,009 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.