Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

yankees123 - Therapy Thread
RE: yankees123 - Therapy Thread
Just hoping someone can guide me, thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Again reaching out for answers to this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your low numbers suggest that the AHI increase is probably chin tucking. I'm guessing that the lower back strap sits lower on the back of your head. When it is low, as you tilt your head forward (ala chin tuck) the strap pressure is reduced. When you are asleep, this little tension nudge may precipitate the events. Don't expect an AHI of 0.0 as the normal. Your current AHI is more the normal.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson but my concern is the aerophagia caused by my pressure being higher compared with nasal mask.  Is there a setting change that would help when I use a ffm?
Post Reply Post Reply
You should have a mask type setting that you would set to Full Face / Nasal / Pillows
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Gideon, when I use my ffm I do change the mask setting to full face.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would it make sense to increase the PS to try and reduce the aerophagia that comes with increasing flow limitations, or is there a better recommendation?  This problem is only seen when I use a ffm.  Please look at the most recent screenshots I posted, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Planning on using my ffm tonight since I need a break from taping when using my nasal mask.  Question again is how to adjust settings when using a ffm and not have the pressure be on the high side during the night compared with my nasal mask.  Also to avoid aerophagia which I get only when I use my ffm.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sleeping fairly well.  I am not looking at the numbers but I have on occasion noticed I get arousals during the night and wondering if this is what is keeping me from waking up refreshed.  I have been to many doctors to see if there is any other health concern for my tiredness and have found no other issues.  
I have some fl and snores.  With the vauto is that resolved with increasing IPAP or PS?
Thanks for your time.  A note when I use a ffm I have to increase my EPAP compared to nasal masks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 53 949 3 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 34 954 Yesterday, 04:56 AM
Last Post: MaggieL
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 709 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 471 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 479 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 801 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,859 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.