Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do you think!
RE: What do you think!
The charts look good! Sleeprider will clarify his advice about your settings, but it'd be very helpful if you could add a few words about how your are feeling, both during the night and during the day. Do you toss and turn and wake up frequently? Do you feel sleepy during the day? -- Stuff like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2019, 11:18 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Sleeprider Wrote:...but I'd increase EPAP min in 0.5 increments rather than increase EPAP min.

SR, is that what you meant to say?

No, I meant PS in .5 increments. I don't see a need to increase minimum EPAP given a lack of obstructive events.  Sorry...will edit post.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In general I dont thinkI feel too bad. I know there are other factors that can make one feel tired etc. 
At night i do wake up a few times, But what i really noticed is I dont think I get into the deep stages of sleep, lets say I feel that somtimes im aware and partially awake. 
I dont smoke, rarely drink and no drugs at all. I do have asmtha but its not to bad. I know when I get some really good REM sleep I can tell from my eyes they feel like I got grains of salt around them when I rub them. And do feel great then. I do toss and turn always sleeping on my left or right side. Rarely my back.  Used to have vivid lucid drerams and was energized for a week its way cool. But since starting using a machine they seem to dissapear. Before the machine I would snore loudly,which bothered the wife/  would get gastric refux so bad I would fly out of bed and onto my knees not being able to breath. Finally got a sleep study done and was diganosed with moderate sleep apnea. I got the bilevel machine at that time instead of strait pap as it was difficult to exhale agaunst the pressure. So I got a new one recently it A Dreamstation ASV i kind of pulled a fast one as I had my pcp write the prescription for this machine, I dont think she knows much about it. I dont know if she looked it up or not but got anyway. I do find myself, but not often, failing to breath even when awake as it seems to me.
I dont smoke, rarely drink and no drugs at all. I do have asmtha but its not to bad. 

I was addicted to carbs and sugar as this is a addiction.  But am now eating only fat and protein. The weight is peeling off. 

Thats all for now!

Thanks Tyke
Post Reply Post Reply
As we age, we tend to wake up more often and to get less deep sleep. We also tend to wake up earlier. These changes mean that our "sleep architecture" is not as regular and restful as it was when we were younger. I just read that it can be helpful to take an outdoor walk (with exposure to natural light) in the afternoon, which can gently nudge the "circadian rhythm" so that we can sleep a little longer at the end of the night.

I was intrigued by your high-protein diet and just read a little bit about diet and sleep from a trusted source here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5015038/ I've pasted in the conclusion below, which is tentative but suggestive. There is possibly an association between a high-fat diet and less REM with more arousals.

"In conclusion, there is evidence to suggest that dietary patterns that favor HC [high carbohydrate] intakes are associated with reduced SOL [sleep onset latency -- how long it takes to fall asleep] and SWS [slow-wave sleep] and increased REM, whereas HF [high fat] intakes promote lower SE [sleep efficiency] and REM and higher SWS and arousals. However, longer-term effects have not been examined in randomized controlled studies. Some foods, such as milk products, fish, fruit, and vegetables, also show sleep-promoting effects, but studies have been too diverse, short, and small to lead to firm conclusions. This review thus finds that some dietary patterns and foods show promise as sleep modulators, but more research is necessary to draw definitive conclusions."
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.