Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What does EasyBreathe do?
RE: What does EasyBreathe do?
ewriter, I have kn idea what this flutter is, and I have seen other posts where you describe it. My instinct is to suggest you move up to bilevel to get inspiratory pressure support that your CPAP can't provide beyond EPR. I'd have to take a closer look at the phenomenon in your flow -rate data. I have been unable to discern if your "flutter" is in the soft tissue in the upper airway or cardiogenic. This latest post suggest it is in fact in the airway, and that might respond to increasing pressure support as inspiration progresses. That is what EasyBreathe does. It provides a progressive pressure increase for a longer period than the square-wave PS described by SteveW77 which fails to support inspiration beyond about 0.3-0.5 seconds depending on rise-time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately my screenshot did not post with my response. The mask pressure from the OSCAR plot was nowhere close to a square wave. Just to let all of you know the mask pressure of my ASV does not resemble the square waves posted by the AirCurve S. ASV rules IMHO!
Post Reply Post Reply
Aparently my attachment was not posted. Here it is. Not that bad. (Apparently I cannot post new attachments. Oh well...)
Post Reply Post Reply
How-To: Add an attachment

If you reached your allotted space for attachments, delete your oldest ones.
Here is the link to your User Control Panel attachment management section: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp...ttachments

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV uses Easybreathe which makes it very comfortable to use.  This image was posted by SteveW77 in another thread yesterday and may be what he was looking for.  The Mask pressure graph is near the bottom.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=54714]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's an OSCAR screenshot for last night. The perturbations on the minute ventilation are caused by sleeping on my back and mostly obstructive apneas. I know this because I record my sleeping on my infrared camera all night long. I'm working on eliminating on sleeping on my back. Some of you will benefit for doing this also.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  easybreathe C-100 cpap battery VegasPier 6 3,102 04-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.