Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What kind?
This poll is closed.
Mild
16.22%
6 16.22%
Moderate
32.43%
12 32.43%
Severe
51.35%
19 51.35%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What kind of sleep apnea do you have?
RE: What kind of sleep apnea do you have?
Can even remember what my AHI was, and can't find my sleep study since we moved to Illinois from Indiana several years ago.

It was classified as "severe" and I remember seeing the number (rather huge) and thinking "Holy cow... I actually stopped breathing that many times in one hour?!?  How is that even possible?".  That was back in 2004.  I was a Regional Project Manager for several years, and I traveled a lot, including a lot of time behind the wheel.  Kept falling asleep on the road, awoken by the "rumble strips" on the side of the Interstate, one time almost went into a ditch.  Finally sought help after a long business trip, when I fell asleep at a stop sign a few blocks from my home.  I woke up to an officer tapping on my window to make sure I was okay.

So, I have severe apnea, but I can't remember the AHI or RDI or whatever the sleep center called it back then.
Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep study October 2014

AHI 57

No Centrals, No PLMs

Strangely enough I didn't have any microsleeps while driving, though on a trip from the Gold Coast to Perth I had to stop after every hour at the far end of the journey because I was feeling so fatigued. These were days with 600km+ drives.
Post Reply Post Reply
...sounds a great job! Liked the systematic approach.
GL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 214 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 347 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 607 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 284 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 123 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.