Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's the longest you've worn an AirTouch or AirFit cushion?
What's the longest you've worn an AirTouch or AirFit cushion?
Did you do anything in particular to make them last longer?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's the longest you've worn an AirTouch or AirFit cushion?
I got about 5 months out of mine (AirFit F20). The cushion was beginning to turn yellow and it felt as if it was becoming very flimsy. That, and it wasn't sealing as well as it used to. 

I'm now using an F30. It's a bit more compact and a bit more robust feeling. Thicker silicone cushion maybe? Who knows? 

I clean my mask / cushion on a daily basis. Rarely do I forget to do it. I have though. Not sure if that shortens the usefulness life any.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using an F20 at the moment.  I don't suppose that makes much difference though for the question??
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently use the Airfit F30 and have used it now for 4 months with no problem . I fully expect it to last a few months more . I previously used the Amara View and used it  for 12 months .
Post Reply Post Reply
I have over 6 months on mine and it looks and seals like new. Mind you I have been using my homemade mask liner the whole time and it has worked incredible well. No leaks, no pressure sores, no mask/face farting(biggest benefit), just nice comfort. I wash the mask/hoses weekly.
Highly recommend this mod for the AirFit F20 series. Tried to make it work with a F30 with no luck.
I actually have a new AitrFit F20 sitting in a box as I am allowed a new mask every 6 months that is covered by insurance, so I figure why not stock up while I can.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Mask-Liner
Post Reply Post Reply
f10 over a year, quatro fx over a year, now dreamwear over 6 months
Post Reply Post Reply
started with an F10 about 2+ yrs ago.  replace every 9 - 12 months.  Have insurance so could replace every 6 months, but doesn't seem necessary.  I still occasionally use a 16 month old unit  with no leakage. My resmed is set for a max pressure of 10 so that may be a factor.
I clean mask every day with approved wipes and rinse tank daily. Clean heated tube weekly in warm soapy water.
As an aside; purchased a new F30, mixed results. not sure if i will keep using.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using my original AirFit F20 mask and cushion for 25 months. Mask looks like new. Cushion is somewhat discolored but seals well. Cushion may be a little more flexible than when new but that doesn't seem to be a problem. I wash it a couple times a week with dish washing detergent and wipe the cushion with a pampers baby wipe every day or two.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I got about 3 months on my airtouch. The memory foam would degrade because of slightly oily skin.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,988 3 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 605 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.