Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's the quickest easiest way to clean your CPAP equipment?
RE: What's the quickest easiest way to clean your CPAP equipment?
So NOT use ozone cleaners like SoClean, or any others. They don't clean, the are harmful to your machine, and any residual ozone left in the machine is bad for you. They are total scams.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2023, 12:24 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote: So NOT use ozone cleaners like SoClean, or any others. They don't clean, the are harmful to your machine, and any residual ozone left in the machine is bad for you. They are total scams.

well, yes and no.  They are not a cleaner, they are a sterilizer, and ozone is very good for that.  Downside, its toxic, and ResMed will invalidate warranty if used on their machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spray disinfect the kitchen sink. 

Then I soak, hose, humidifier chamber and headgear (minus straps) for about 10 minutes in warm water and detergent.  

I walk the hoses outside and sling them around to use centrifugal force to blow out most of the water. 

Wipe off excess water.

Go back inside and connect it all to the CPAP machine and let it run for 45 mins to blow it all dry.

I hang the hose and headgear up to dry out during the day and I also dump the humidifier and let it dry out.

Lastly, I use a Soclean about every 3-4 days ... or so.   Just to be sure.

Honestly, I think a good soak in the kitchen sink ... no chlorine ... is all you need.   And it doesn't take longer either.
Post Reply Post Reply
rather than using the blower, which takes running hours away from the machine, just go on ebay, theres a nice CPAP dryer for 30$ that works great.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2023, 03:30 PM)jeffpack1957 Wrote: well, yes and no.  They are not a cleaner, they are a sterilizer, and ozone is very good for that.  Downside, its toxic, and ResMed will invalidate warranty if used on their machine.

ResMed will invalidate the warranty because ozone is detrimental to the long term serviceability of plastics.

There is no reason to use ozone cleaners and lots of reasons not to.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 449 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 551 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  hammer44 - ASV Therapy Equipment Question hammer44 11 601 01-01-2024, 01:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  [CPAP] CPAP Equipment Selection mgonthier 1 333 09-13-2023, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.