Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off
Screen Light - how to turn off
Hello everyone, 

My question is a simple one - does anyone have a good method for eliminating the light that comes from the screen of the machine when it's on? Not sure if there is a setting or if I'll have to manually tape something over or something. 

If my room is otherwise pitch black, then the small amount of light that comes from the screen of the machine when it's on is noticeable. 

I know this is only a little thing but I'm a bit neurotic and in my mind fixing a couple of little things may make a big change. It's worth a try. I don't need have it on to view the data when I wake up in the morning because I can just check my phone. 

Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Screen Light - how to turn off
I place my Evo ventilator on a chair beside my bed and put a large book in front of the very large and bright screen to block the light.  I thought about a draping a cloth over it, but I don't want to cause it to overheat.  Get creative!
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I have my machine in a drawer with a power strip inside. I learned this trick from hotel nightstands that often have power in odd places. When it’s not in use during the day it’s closed up in my nightstand. You can find nightstands out there that offer internal  electricity.
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your advice Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI, evo has a dim LCD option.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,501 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,074 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 696 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Should I turn off EPR?? sleepygoo 4 582 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 471 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 353 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.