Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What (sleeping) pillow do you like and why?
RE: What (sleeping) pillow do you like and why?
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried The Purple Pillow? Its attributes (as seen on infomercial) make it seem like it would be a good choice for cpap users.
--Leslie

"It will all be fine in the end. If it isn't fine, it isn't the end."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2018, 06:20 AM)rooy1960 Wrote: I'm just wondering if anyone has tried The Purple Pillow?  Its attributes (as seen on infomercial) make it seem like it would be a good choice for cpap users.

Read the Amazon reviews, not really well regarded.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the EnduriMed Large CPAP Pillow and I like it a lot because it lets me sleep on my side or stomach comfortably. Smile

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suffer from allergies so I prefer to pick organic pillows online. They are soft and nice and you dont end up sneezing in the mornings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally found this discussion of  bed pillows!     I must have been asking question incorrectly.

I bought a CPAP pillow from my medical supply company.       what I like about this one is that it  has a  few , various,  removable foam layers.     the main pillow is foam on one side and soft fluffy pillow on the other side.   It has cutouts for mask and hose,   but I turn from one side to the other side during the night,  and ...maybe I was supposed  to scoot the pillow one direction or the other,    to get the cutout in the right place when I turn over.  ??     The foam side has a small area where your ear is supposed to go.     I did not use the foam side.
My favorite so far is  My Pillow.    I cut off part of the seam at one end and removed a bunch of the stuffing.       I have just used safety pins to  close up the open end.      My Pillow is made of  small chunks of foam.    Ingenious!   I can sort of hollow out a space for my head and mask.      It washes and dries in washer and dryer.    
Any pillow we buy is too thick for us, so we usually take our own when we travel.   

The memory foam pillows give me a headache/  neckache.    My neck usually aches some each morning anyway.    Maybe I will start a thread about morning neckaches.    Eventually.    

I asked my computer about sleep apnea and neck pain.    An interesting article came up,    about   sleep apnea encouraging side and stomach sleeping, and contributing to a pinched  nerve in  neck,    causing  migraines.   It was from Kansas City,    Lenexa, Kansas?    

Thank you for asking about pillow preferences.   !
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the thought put into your responses.
I have an ancient cpap pillow. I'd like to replace it.
Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered a buckwheat hull pillow from Vermont Country Store.   I get their catalogs but this pillow was not in the catalog.    It was on the website, in two sizes.   
the smaller one sounded like a travel pillow.      
I will let you all know what I think about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2020, 07:53 PM)martyedb Wrote: I just ordered a buckwheat hull pillow from Vermont Country Store.   I get their catalogs but this pillow was not in the catalog.    It was on the website, in two sizes.   
the smaller one sounded like a travel pillow.      
I will let you all know what I think about it.

Great!
Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
My bucky    buckwheat pillow came yesterday.     I slept with it last night.   I didn't have to change pillows during the night.    That is a good sign.      Is it better for me than   the My Pillow that I had been using?      I will keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am glad that I ordered the large buckwheat hull pillow.     It is 14 x 19   (?)    inches.      That may be a good size to use with a CPAP mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,859 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.