Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What to do when I forgot to reinsert SD card
What to do when I forgot to reinsert SD card
OK, it's not the end of the world, but I forgot to reinsert the SD card yesterday morning into my ResMed AirSense 10.  And last night is when I made some changes to control increased leak, and more importantly, used an oximeter for the first time (Contec CMS50F).

So.... I would really, really like to see the data from last night from the AirSense 10.

I'm not concerned about data loss before then.  It is residing nicely in a number of places, including my sleep medicine physician's office, my DME, and of course, in my computer, in SleepyHead and OSCAR - and also in the machine itself.

So, in order to coordinate last night's AirSense 10 CPAP data with the Contec oximetry data, I am thinking of simply reformatting my SD card and then inserting it into the machine.  Am I correct in assuming the machine will automatically transfer data for about 365 days back into the machine? (which is what I vaguely recall happened the first time I inserted the brand new SD card) Are there any settings (in Clinical Menu) I need to change?

And, now I see why I will be getting a wifi enabled SD card.

Thanks, everyone!

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What to do when I forgot to reinsert SD card
In the paragraph starting with "So, in order to coordinate..." I meant "Am I correct in assuming the machine will automatically transfer data for about 365 days back onto the SD card" not "into the machine"

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine does not store any flow data just the summary data which is not useful for analysis. With a Resmed machine the SD card needs to be in the machine during use.there is no way to get last nights detailed data
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. It’s not a major deal at all. The omission of internal temporary back up is a reflection, in my opinion, of the low (if at all existent) priority placed upon patient access to data by the manufacturer. Summary data is mostly to encourage compliance. My own clinical experience (in pediatric rheumatology) is that compliance may often be improved by understanding of one’s illness. The opportunity to learn this lesson by ResMed (& I’ll bet other manufacturers) remains.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2019, 03:09 PM)MichaelLMiller Wrote: Thanks for the reply. It’s not a major deal at all. The omission of internal temporary back up is a reflection, in my opinion, of the low (if at all existent) priority placed upon patient access to data by the manufacturer.  Summary data is mostly to encourage compliance.  My own clinical experience (in pediatric rheumatology) is that compliance may often be improved by understanding of one’s illness.  The opportunity to learn this lesson by ResMed (& I’ll bet other manufacturers) remains.

Yes, some of us think that the patient must be the enemy or something, based on the lack of info provided.  What makes it worse is that most of us go back to the sleep doc eventually and they never look at the detailed data. Just compliance.   Dont-know Well, in my case, I'll probably never see the sleep doc again - I get shuffled off to the NP even if I have problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2019, 03:15 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 03:09 PM)MichaelLMiller Wrote: Thanks for the reply. It’s not a major deal at all. The omission of internal temporary back up is a reflection, in my opinion, of the low (if at all existent) priority placed upon patient access to data by the manufacturer.  Summary data is mostly to encourage compliance.  My own clinical experience (in pediatric rheumatology) is that compliance may often be improved by understanding of one’s illness.  The opportunity to learn this lesson by ResMed (& I’ll bet other manufacturers) remains.

Yes, some of us think that the patient must be the enemy or something, based on the lack of info provided.  What makes it worse is that most of us go back to the sleep doc eventually and they never look at the detailed data. Just compliance.   Dont-know Well, in my case, I'll probably never see the sleep doc again - I get shuffled off to the NP even if I have problems.

Over here (mostly anyway).the Sleep Nurse is the one to go to first, it is only if they can't sort it out or you ask for more pressured does a Sleep Doctor get Involved.  I used to see a sleep doctor once a year, but it then went to asleep nurse. They are better anyway here as they use the equipment at home so as they can advise patients. 
They just used to look at compliance here, but now they have better machines they will look at data if we have problems.  However, they still just look at the average readings if you don't report you have problems.
They asked me to leave the machine on so they could download my data to see how I was getting on with the new machine, but I was so used to turning it off I just flicked the switch in the morning.   They never contacted me, so either they got it at some point or they weren't bothered!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
No harm. You just have to do without the data that would have been recorded.

Data loss is no big whoop.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2019, 08:06 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: No harm.  You just have to do without the data that would have been recorded.

Data loss is no big whoop.

I know this is an old thread and this is also my first post, so apologies if I break some protocol.
But my question is simple.

Does accidentally leaving my SD card out of the ResMed for one night affect the statistics or overview data in Oscar? I realize that I lost the detailed data for that night, but should I somehow delete that day altogether so it is not factored in the averages, or is Oscar smart enough to realize that those data points are not really 0?

wondering.
Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed machines save the settings and summary statistics internally when the SD card is not present, and adds them to the summay files when it is inserted later.

No need to drop the day.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phholynyk,
Thanks for the reply. That is great too know. ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 954 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Forgot to slide the write-enable tab on the SD card AGAIN! cathyf 2 643 07-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: greatunclebill
  Traveling - use AIRSENSE with RESMED N30 nasal mask - forgot vented elbow!! new2paphopeful 0 656 06-25-2022, 12:29 AM
Last Post: new2paphopeful
  Forgot the name of sleep apnea doctor and hospital sanemonk1 1 624 04-21-2022, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 51,041 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  [Equipment] Forgot my password for OSCAR elmerjay 1 888 07-10-2020, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Comparing old battery to new - Something I forgot to consider Robert Moulton 3 1,266 09-03-2019, 10:28 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.