Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to upgrade machine?
RE: When to upgrade machine?
What's the difference between the "ResMed S10 AirSense AutoSet CPAP, Standard 6’ SlimLine Tubing, 6' S10 ClimateLineAir Tubing" and the "Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet"

What does the "S" stand for that is before the "10"?
Post Reply Post Reply
They are both the same model, different descriptions. There is one Autoset model in the Airsense 10 series, and an Autoset For Her that includes an additional algorithm targeted at female flow limitation. Officially, Resmed does not use "S10" as a brand. http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...toset.html however you will often see it used because the previous generation was S9 Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jerzasnore,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck on your machine decision.
Also, good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both resmed and respironics. The resmed works better for me but I really wish the dreamstation would give me better results (it is much more comfortabe). My recommendation -- if you are satisfied with how the respironics has helped you with your sleep apnea, then stick with that manufacturer. Both models have a different algorithm and I do not think you should just change brands just because some people here have better experience. Resmed works much better for me.. but it may not work as well for you.

So why not stick with what has been working? I am sure things have changed in the years but most likely the manufacturer will have similar, but improved, algorithms. The other brand (resmed) will be entirely different and unless you feel you need to try something different to help with therapy, do not do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2017, 01:19 AM)heov Wrote: I have both resmed and respironics.

Hi heov,

How would you compare resmed and dreamstation regarding noise?
I have the latter for 2 months and I was really happy to find out that it's completely silent. Does resmed stand on the same noise level?

I know noise is one thing and effectiveness is quite another, but (if we put effectiveness aside) I would appreciate your opinion about noise levels, since noise during therapy is a non-negligible factor for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Video 
Hmmm... yup.... I've got a brick but this software is cool for analysis... at lease I can see that I've used the machine everyday for five years.

[attachment=3744]
[attachment=3745]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2017, 08:50 AM)Hypoxic Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 01:19 AM)heov Wrote: I have both resmed and respironics.

How would you compare resmed and dreamstation regarding noise?
I have the latter for 2 months and I was really happy to find out that it's completely silent. Does resmed stand on the same noise level?

I know noise is one thing and effectiveness is quite another, but (if we put effectiveness aside) I would appreciate your opinion about noise levels, since noise during therapy is a non-negligible factor for me.

The dreamstation has a teeny amount of noise... I can hear the air moving in the humidifier chamber as I inhale.  It is very very subtle but if I had to pick I would say it has more noise. But it is a nonissue for you and me.  note I have the bilevel so it is adjusting pressure more than most users would.. so it is possible for a cpap or apap with minimal pressure relief that this sound would be nonexistent.  

I like the dreamstation better on the surface.. the controls and how it feels using it.   But I get better AHI and sleep with resmed.  I kept trying the dreamstation and tweaking it because I really wanted it to be better for me because it is so nice.  I even pulled it out yesterday to see if I had an older firmware(even though machine is a month old) hoping a newer firmware would improve.. but i have the latest firmware
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2017, 10:35 PM)heov Wrote: The dreamstation has a teeny amount of noise... I can hear the air moving in the humidifier chamber as I inhale.  It is very very subtle but if I had to pick I would say it has more noise. But it is a nonissue for you and me.  note I have the bilevel so it is adjusting pressure more than most users would.. so it is possible for a cpap or apap with minimal pressure relief that this sound would be nonexistent.  

I like the dreamstation better on the surface.. the controls and how it feels using it.   But I get better AHI and sleep with resmed.  I kept trying the dreamstation and tweaking it because I really wanted it to be better for me because it is so nice.  I even pulled it out yesterday to see if I had an older firmware(even though machine is a month old) hoping a newer firmware would improve.. but i have the latest firmware

Thank you for the information, heov!

You're totally right. I do hear the air moving on dreamstation. The reason I characterised it as being completely silent is the abscence of any mechanical noise from the compressor.
It's impresive that ResMed is even more silent! Wow!!

I'm afraid I'm in the same situation as yours. I'm not satisfied enough with dreamstation's effectiveness. There is a residual AHI of 4-6 which is left untreated. Thinking-about I keep on tweaking it based on the invaluable recommendations of many great people in this forum.

Starting to believe that I would have better results on ResMed. Many guys here, whose knowledge I respect, mentioned several times that dreamstation is relatively slow to respond to events.

Meanwhile, I hit my head on the wall because I used the insurance voucher to get a dreamstation and I will have to pay 2500$ out of my pocket should I decide to buy a ResMed.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2017, 08:54 AM)Hypoxic Wrote: I'm afraid I'm in the same situation as yours. I'm not satisfied enough with dreamstation's effectiveness. There is a residual AHI of 4-6 which is left untreated. Thinking-about I keep on tweaking it based on the invaluable recommendations of many great people in this forum.

The dreamstation should provide better therapy than you are seeing. I see you're not using software and have not posted data. If you download SleepyHead from the link at the top of the page and post some data, forum members will be able to advise you on how to improve your settings.There are several experienced forum members who use the dreamstation.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2017, 02:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: They are not consistently available on amazon, and we are not permitted by Rule #3 to post links to commercial and DME sites.  

There was one there briefly.  Right now they would be available from Supplier #2 and all other listed suppliers.  I would just follow up with the in-network providers.  There is nothing wrong with the Philips Dreamstation Auto, and compared to what you had, it's a BMW vs a K-car (1980s Chrysler).  The Resmed is just a step up.

Good luck with your appointment, and I'm sure they will take care of you.  Ask any question that come up, and we will try to give you an honest and useful answer.

Just got back from my appointment and everything when great... I even brought in a printout of my sleepyhead stats and they kept it and thought it was good info.  The Doc said they prescribed the Airsense 10 and was going to order one for me but I told him that I already ordered one online (I kinda felt guilty) but he was great and said he would make up the loss of revenue on volume (lol).  He wants to see me next year though not in five... lol...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,293 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,733 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 520 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 569 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade? Tomislav 6 2,773 01-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tomislav
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,864 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  Upgrade to AS11? txrpls 6 1,145 08-20-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.