Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When will I get somes sleep?
When will I get somes sleep?
I have been on CPCP therapy for over two month now. My few friends that are on CPAP love it, I don’t. My experience so far has been very bad. I’m getting less sleep than before I started treatment. I understand there is a period of time to adapt but when does it end? I have tried three different masks on my own, changed my pressure settings with the help of this forum and I still wake up every few hours with a parched mouth and have to discontinue use. My DME is of little use, I asked to get a mask fitting and they don’t offer it. I contacted another supplier in town and they will not help me because I’m not contracted with them even if I pay cash.

I‘m currently on an extended RV trip around the country and I have few resources. I’m just about at my wits end and considering just discontinuing treatment until I get home. I also have AFIB so I worried that my apnea will cause my heart serious harm. I can’t contact my sleep doctor as he is out of the country until the 18th of the month. Has anyone been in the same boat as me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When will I get somes sleep?
Danny, it took me six month before I started to sleep through the night. This was very frustrating as I was used to sleeping without waking up for 8-9 hours before CPAP, but that was because before I was so exhausted. So even though I had now less sleep and more waking up, the treatment was working and eventually my body got used to it. Please hang in there!
As for your dry mouth, that does not necessarily mean that you have the wrong mask but it's from mouth breathing. Something you can do right away is to get to a drugstore and get a moisturizing mouthwash. Use before going to sleep and perhaps halfways through the night, it will at least improve your comfort level.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When will I get somes sleep?
A dry mouth suggests mouth breathing which can happen even with a full face mask.  Stop at the next sizeable drug store and purchase a soft cervical collar.  Wearing that at night may prevent the mouth breathing.  For around $10, it is an inexpensive experiment.  It worked for me and I was even able to change to a nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,200 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.