Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where are blower hours on a Respironics Bipap Auto? Pre - system 1 model
Question 
Where are blower hours on a Respironics Bipap Auto? Pre - system 1 model
I tried to figure this out but the manual I downloaded shows me how to change the numbers, but not how to find the blower numbers. What I have is Respironics Bipap Auto  model 1017439. My brother recently upgraded and this backup is no longer needed (he has a System 1 as backup).  I also want to be able to wipe the card.  Any advice is appreciated.   I have vision problems and the search brought up hundreds of threads.  Selling on Craigslist.  Thanks!

also, FWIW, when I start it up, there is a number 3947.  I assume that is therapy hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where are blower hours on a Respironics Bipap Auto? Pre - system 1 model
I believe the Bipap Auto has basically the same menu as the AutoSet.
Look in the Provider Mode, under Information (Info), scroll down until you see blower hours.

Ok, that may be incorrect. I just fired up my System One, went into the Provider menu and couldn't find it. So backed out to main screen, patient menu. Clicked on Phone-In... Therapy and Blower hours were listed.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks but no, this Bipap has a screen nothing like the System 1 (he has a system 1, so I know what that looks like).
Post Reply Post Reply
Pre System 1 would be 2007-2008 M Series.  Is this what you have?

With a little googling, I found this:

Respironics REMstar M Series (CPAP or BiPAP): Unplug the power cord from the back of the CPAP machine, then hold down both the left and right arrow keys while simultaneously plugging in the power supply.

Once the device beeps twice or you see logo, release the buttons. Now press the left arrow to get the blower hours.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Surprisingly, it is not the M -series. Staff sent me a manual overnight (thank you!!!) and apparently that number I see when I start up is indeed the blower hours. Who'd have thought. I do appreciate your research!!
Post Reply Post Reply
New question. Does Respironics still sell water chamber for this type of model? I looked at several sources on the supplier list and they have it discontinued. I hate to sell this machine and the buyer not be able to obtain a backup water chamber (the one installed is new).
Post Reply Post Reply
It is nice that you wish to provide support but at some point there has to be a limit. Using your logic would mean that you wouldn't sell any possession that had replacement parts that were unavailable. Since you are supplying a new tank and the purchaser is aware that they are buying an older used machine, then a replacement becomes their problem. I realize that this sounds crass.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2020, 11:37 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It is nice that you wish to provide support but at some point there has to be a limit.  Using your logic would mean that you wouldn't sell any possession that had replacement parts that were unavailable.  Since you are supplying a new tank and the purchaser is aware that they are buying an older used machine, then a replacement becomes their problem.  I realize that this sounds crass.

I just think it is helpful to let the buyer know where to buy hard to find supplies.  I checked Ebay, the suppliers listing, Amazon and it appears they stopped manufacturing supplies for these older units in early 2019.  Sometimes someone here knows of options.  Obviously, the thing can be used without a humidifier. You just get or can ask for a better price if you can tell buyer where to get supplies for an ancient machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,063 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,226 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 289 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.