Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where do you keep your machine?
RE: Where do you keep your machine?
Mine sits directly under my head, on the floor. The heated tubing runs up thru the headboard, held loosely in place by a loop of velcro.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine on a cpap shelf (metal rod frame with canvas in middle tucked between the mattress and box spring).  I use a soft bendy tie wrap bent into a hook on my headboard to hold my hose from the machine allowing plenty of slack for tossing and turning.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine on a small shelf that attaches to the side of the bed rail.  (similar to a car hop tray--sorry couldn't think of a better way to describe it.) It is probably about 7" x 10" so it doesn't take up much space and the CPAP machine fits perfectly.  I think it's traditionally intended for college kids to store their cell phones, ipads etc when they have bunks.  It works great, plus it keeps my nightstand free.

I use a cozy hose boss to keep the tube above my head which allows for easy tossing and turning.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put my cpap on the night stand, and route the hose behind and over the top of the head board. I used a short piece of pool noodle around the hose to hold  it in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is on the nightstand next to the bed. I have a 10 foot house which runs up and over and makes it easier to roll over at night. I also unlug it in the morning as the cats like to walk across it and turn it on.  No problem with rainout.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
My ASV machine sits on a plastic folding table that is almost equal in height to my mattress. I run high heated hose settings regardless, so the potential for rain out is near zero.

FWIW I wouldn't place the blower on a skinny flimsy shelf directly overhead. Not saying anyone did, but I'm just throwing the tip out there just in case. Like those warnings on the Pop Tarts that says "Items removed from toaster are hot." Nah ya don't think that would be obvious? Happy Wednesday all...Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2017, 08:16 PM)NoDozer Wrote: I put my cpap on the night stand, and route the hose behind and over the top of the head board. I used a short piece of pool noodle around the hose to hold  it in place.

Kudos on a neat little trick there.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My nightstand has a lower shelf about 6" off the floor that is open on all four sides. So I put the CPAP down there where it's much less conspicuous. I get no more rainouts, much less dust than at floor level, quieter at night, and the display lights don't shine at me. I run the tube in it's snuggy just behind my pillow to keep it in place all night, but easy to reach if I want to move it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,145 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.