Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
RE: Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
Now that we can post links, I will.

I get my Genuine Resmed AS10 Hypo Filters #36857 (12/Pk) from Respshop.  

[DME Link Removed]Search Supplier #29 for, "ResMed S9/AirSense/AirStart/AirCurve 10 CPAP HypoAllergenic Filters"

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
If someone has an actual ResMed filter, any chance that you could post up a close-up picture of it? 

All this banter has me somewhat curious now.  Eat-popcorn 

I'm betting that my SunSet filters are the same. Just a hunch............... Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I obviously have some at home, but I would not suggest relying on a photo to make any conclusions.  I'm not even sure my crappy phone could take a photo close enough and be clear enough to decipher.

There was another recent thread where I looked at a number of generic filters that looked awfully close, but upon further review, found they were made of different materials.  Many of these didn't even have spec's, and misrepresented consumers on key attributes - even the country of origin, which is illegal, btw.  Clearly, there are a ton of knock offs out there that look very close so without access to a testing facility, it's impossible to tell how they actually perform from a photo?

Here is the link to the thread that you participated in BG.  That might be worth a reread.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-filters

I specifically shared what I found about the filters you mentioned, and outlined my concerns I uncovered.

Is it worth using a filter you don't have the ability to validate?  That is only a question you can answer yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the pack of filters that I was given. It has the DME brand on it but shows the Resmed name and part number in the description.

The material looks like open cell foam. I have no idea if it's "genuine" or not, but as long as it works...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 05:26 PM)mrmagloo Wrote: I obviously have some at home, but I would not suggest relying on a photo to make any conclusions.  I'm not even sure my crappy phone could take a photo close enough and be clear enough to decipher.

There was another recent thread where I looked at a number of generic filters that looked awfully close, but upon further review, found they were made of different materials.  Many of these didn't even have spec's, and misrepresented consumers on key attributes - even the country of origin, which is illegal, btw.  Clearly, there are a ton of knock offs out there that look very close so without access to a testing facility, it's impossible to tell how they actually perform from a photo?

Here is the link to the thread that you participated in BG.  That might be worth a reread.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-filters

I specifically shared what I found about the filters you mentioned, and outlined my concerns I uncovered.

Is it worth using a filter you don't have the ability to validate?  That is only a question you can answer yourself.

It's probably just me, but I don't worry a whole lot about these filters. It's been my position, and still is, that they are there to keep out the riff raff. 

Stuff like dust bunnies, pieces of tissues, hair, dust to some degree, loose pills, buttons, rubber bands, and whatever else might accumulate near the machine air intake itself. 

The filter is there to protect the machine for the most part, and not the user. Others are going to disagree and come up with various scenarios. That's expected. 

The machine is simply sucking in the air from the room, no more, no less. I can't speak to hypo-allergenic filters, cause I have no experience using them. But....I am suspect as to their actual effectiveness. Again, others will disagree. 

I've had very good success reusing the filters, and they clean up great. I don't believe it's necessary to replace them with new ones. I have no idea how many I have on hand, but it's a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 04:47 PM)Big Guy Wrote: If someone has an actual ResMed filter, any chance that you could post up a close-up picture of it? 

All this banter has me somewhat curious now.  Eat-popcorn 

I'm betting that my SunSet filters are the same. Just a hunch............... Cool

The problem is that the size is correct but the issue for us is that the others are half the thickness of the RESMED Filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
One good thing about the SunSet air filters, is that they are made in the USA. For me, that's some peace-of-mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
No scenarios here. I'm not trying to sell you anything. You should use whatever makes you sleep well.

I simply would never risk using a product that is impossible to verify the composition or more importantly, the performance, when you catch them misrepresenting folks about other things that are much easier to disprove.

I'm probably looking at this differently as I ran Respironics machines for many years. With those, you stack the regular filter, then the hypo filters. Only then can you see how much gets past the standard filters. That is pretty enlightening.

Use whatever you think is best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of us breathe unfiltered air all day long, and once you realize the filter is really there for protection of the machine, not the user, it all makes more sense. If you really want the OEM filter, just search: "Genuine Resmed Filter 36850". It will come in OEM packaging and if that makes you sleep better at night, all the better. While we're on the topic, the term "hypoallergenic" simply means a filter is manufactured from materials not known to cause allergic reactions. It has no meaning for efficiency or filtration of allergens.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I was all that concerned about the quality of air being drawn into my CPAP machine, I'd invest in a whole room air purifier. 

There are some very impressive machines now that use a 2-3 stage air filtering process. They are not all that big, and are very quiet, and super easy to change / switch out the filters. Many are programmable, so that you can set and forget. 

If I was concerned, that'd be the route I'd go.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 159 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,541 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 168 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,144 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 163 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 166 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,028 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.