Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
RE: Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
I just wanted to repeat what I've said in the past. These filters are washable! They clean up great. Some hot water and a drop or two of dish soap, a good finger massage, rinse, and let dry, and you're good to go. 

After washing, I pat mine dry with a paper towel. That will get rid of most of the dampness. These things air dry fast. Three years of CPAP therapy and I think I've thrown away 2, maybe 3 filters.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 12:40 PM)mrmagloo Wrote: I've heard a number of folks make the claim that filters only protect the machine.  I guess folks who leverage that thinking forget that whatever passes the filter and is ingested by the machine, in turn very likely to ends up in your lungs - assuming it passes the humidifier.  The entire objective of the Hypo filters is to do a better job of blocking the particles that are 8 microns and below.

The standard Resmed filter is rated at 75% efficiency with down to 7 microns. Meaning, 25% of particles over 7 microns will pass. There is no spec at which 100% of the particles will get blocked, but that could perhaps be around 20 microns +/-.

The Hypoallergenic Resmed filter is rated at 98% efficiency down to 7-8 micron and 80% of particles down to 0.5 micron.  That will cover most types of pollen and is absolutely qualified for the Hypoallergenic claim. It's also capable of capturing other kinds of airborne contaminates like mold spores, animal dander, various bacteria, and many common dusts considerably better than the standard filter.

Like I said, visually looking at how much contaminations went past the standard filter of the Dreamstation, and was caught in the secondary Hypoallergenic made me a life long believer. Clearly, if the Hypo filter was darker and more soiled than the Std filter, that means three things.  #1, the machine ingested less debris, and #2, this in turn means less debris ended up passing through the machine to my lungs, and #3, the standard filters actually pass alot of particles and the Hypo filter definitely does a better job. That cannot be disputed.

So, while I understand that this is the same air I breathe during the rest of the day - assuming the AQ is evenly distributed around the house, this does in turn mean that I am avoiding 1/3 of the accumulated debris while I sleep for the ~8 hours. So, the reality is, while sleeping, not only do I get the crucial Cpap therapy, but also, a cleaner inhalation of air for 1/3 of my life, which is a bonus.

That said, this is all based on OEM filters which have a very high likelihood of actually performing as spec'd, which was my original point.  When you use unnamed, dubious sourced, and untested generics, I think it's very safe to assume the filtering performance will be somewhat worse than the genuine version.  For the common consumer, it's impossible to test, so you are at the mercy of the ultimate unknown manufacturer.  Seems very odd when you think about it that filters don't have to be tested or certified for a medical device.

Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just trying to differentiate facts so folks can make a decision that is right for them. Paying $2.50 every month or two for a genuine filter I can trust is worth it to me.  I'm worth it.  I do however recognize that this added cost could be a hardship for others less fortunate, and I'm sorry for that.  I still however believe we should only reflect on the facts, and let folks choose what makes most sense for them.

Great post -- thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
AndyB I guess my problem is where to get the Genuine RESMED OEM Filters. Which Part Number are you using where it comes up RESMED that is not in the UK? I tried 36851, 36852, 36850, etc. All but the RESMED filters come up.
Post Reply Post Reply
For an economical and properly characterized hypoallergenic filter you can buy a furnace filter rated at MERV 13. Remove the frame and cut the filter material into proper sized rectangles to fit your machine. The MERV ratings are ASHRAE specifications. MERV 13 traps more than 75% of particles between 0.3 and 1 micron, and 90% of particles above 1 micron. You can get higher MERV ratings or HEPA if you want but MERV 13 will clear out smoke particles and allergens.
Post Reply Post Reply
For those of you so concerned about filtering the air, why not just buy a whole room air filtration unit? They are a Hell of a lot cheaper than a CPAP unit.

And, they are actual air filtering systems. Not just some tiny little filter intended to keep stuff from being sucked into a CPAP's air intake. 

I keep the area around my CPAP unit as clean as possible. I could remove it's filter and rest assured that the air is healthy enough for me to breathe. 

I stand by my previous statements! That ridiculous little filter is there to protect the machine. Nothing more.....nothing less.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tinkerbell listed the part number, AG36856, in the post [HERE]. That is the number I used in a search, "AG36856 filters". I went back to Walmart's site and did a search for "resmed 10 filters" and it pulled the filters up too.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2021, 04:46 PM)LindanHotAir Wrote: For an economical and properly characterized hypoallergenic filter you can buy a furnace filter rated at MERV 13. Remove the frame and cut the filter material into proper sized rectangles to fit your machine. The MERV ratings are ASHRAE specifications. MERV 13 traps more than 75% of particles between 0.3 and 1 micron, and 90% of particles above 1 micron.  You can get higher MERV ratings or HEPA if you want but MERV 13 will clear out smoke particles and allergens.

I would be hesitant to use a MERV 13 or HEPA on the air inlet. It may restrict air flow to the point that the machine may not operate properly or the motor be damaged by overheating.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2021, 06:51 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Tinkerbell listed the part number, AG36856, in the post [HERE].  That is the number I used in a search, "AG36856 filters".  I went back to Walmart's site and did a search for "resmed 10 filters" and it pulled the filters up too.

Yes, and the results are for the AG filters. Not sure they are as thick as the OEM. Also Walmart does have the filters come up but they too seem to be non OEM. I may have to just try the AG Industry Filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2021, 03:39 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I just wanted to repeat what I've said in the past. These filters are washable! They clean up great. Some hot water and a drop or two of dish soap, a good finger massage, rinse, and let dry, and you're good to go. 

After washing, I pat mine dry with a paper towel. That will get rid of most of the dampness. These things air dry fast. Three years of CPAP therapy and I think I've thrown away 2, maybe 3 filters.  Cool

Thanks Big Guy! That's a good thought!
Don't understand why they cost so much from my DME.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2021, 07:30 PM)Tinkerbell Wrote: Yes, and the results are for the AG filters. Not sure they are as thick as the OEM. Also Walmart does have the filters come up but they too seem to be non OEM. I may have to just try the AG Industry Filters.

ResMed doesn’t make filters, just like Toyota doesn’t make tires.  They buy filters from a company that specializes in making filters.  In this case AG Industries (the same company that makes filters for Philips, btw).The ResMed filter numbers ARE AG Industries filter numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 80 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,462 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 138 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,999 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 156 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,003 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.