Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which ResMed machines support which modes
RE: Which ResMed machines support which modes
(02-28-2020, 11:01 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: FWIW at least on US versions of the ResMed 10 series ST-A, the power cord connection on the machine has a lock, keeping the cord securely fastened.

I've noticed that seems to be common on hospital-grade machines.  We don't want people to flat-line if someone accidentally trips over a power cable.

The ST-A is getting close to being a ventilator (except for the lack of a battery back-up system) so that may explain the extra caution with the power cable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense. to a great weekend Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I gave the Australian Lumis machines their own line to emphasize that they have AutoEPAP available on the iVAPS mode.
The current USA Aircurve models apparently do not have AutoEPAP.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It really makes you wonder why they go to the trouble and expense of having these minor differences between what are essentially the same machines in different markets.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes some of the distinctions seem minor but it looks like Australia may be their test market for new ideas.
That would make sense given that ResMed are based there.
I don't know the history of all the ResMed modes and whether they show up in Australia first and then migrate to the US later.

For example: The AutoEPAP mode on the Lumis 150 ST and ST-A seems useful but it's not in the US market to my knowledge.
I don't know the certification requirements in each country.  
Maybe they can get things certified in Australia faster than they can get them approved by the US FDA.  Who knows?

If there is a time delay due to each country having its own certification protocols then I suppose it forces ResMed to make a decision..
"Do we only go as fast as the slowest country or do we have multiple models for multiple markets to get new ideas out faster?"
It can't be easy creating products when each market has its own certification processes that move at their own speeds.

The good news for you guys down under is that you appear to have a head start on the new stuff via the Lumis range.
It will be interesting to see if the Brexit chaos causes yet another set of standards and protocols or if the UK follows the EU protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,333 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,057 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 411 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 679 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.