Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which graphs are most important?
Which graphs are most important?
As a new Oscar user I would like to know which graphs are the most important.
Also, which graphs could I ignore and eliminate and therefore clean up my daily results display?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which graphs are most important?
I be have a link in my signature on chart organization
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were posting a daily graph here for review, we like to see the following:
Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate and Flow Limitation, and the entire left sidebar that shows the statistics.  

This link will show you how to properly organize a chart.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Also read through the guide:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose, that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
To keep it simple, the default order is the order of importance.  For most, this would be the Standard CPAP, APAP setting.  This holds true for the VAuto as well.  To reset them, go to View → Reset Graphs → Standard.  

For how many graphs to display, a fair rule-of-thumb is to multiply your monitor's vertical pixel size by a percentage.  Round to the next whole number when a fraction is displayed.    Example: a 1920x1080 monitor, and you want 7 graphs, multiple 1080 x .12 = 129.6 (130 rounded). Using the same monitor, but you want 6 graphs, use a multiplier of .14 (1080 x .14 = 151.2 (150 or 151 will work).  There are some limitations to this, but it should get you in the ballpark.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would see a simple explanation of the key graphs as follows:-

EVENTS

This first graph gives us a quick overview of the night's events, and can give us clues, at a glance, where to focus. 
We get a breakdown of the events making up the AHI; obstructive, central and hypopneas, together with leaks, which can really impact the efficiency of the therapy. In addition clustering of events can indicate positional apneas. 

FLOW RATE

This graph shows us the breathing patterns during the night, breath by breath. We see when arousals happen, when we pause breathing, and other disturbances. We can even zoom in to drill down to get greater detail. 

PRESSURE

This obviously shows variation in pressure during the night. Increases in pressure can be caused by the algorithm reacting to a need to open airways due to apnea events. It may also be a reaction to leaks,  or flow limitations (see following graphs below) 

LEAK RATE

These can be either mask or mouth leaks. These often cause considerable arousals and generally disrupt the therapy. Large leaks are defined for Resmed machines at 24l/m and over. 

FLOW LIMITATIONS 

These are precursors to apnea events, with a narrowing of airways, often accompanied by a resulting pressure increase and an accompanying arousal, and sleep disruption. You will see lots of references in posts to this, and the use of  EPR in the board's Wiki pages.

There are of course other graphs that could be useful, the 5 ones above are I think a good starting point.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know much but I would assume the most important thing would be the flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,973 366,914 05-01-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  Flow Rate and Flow Limit Graphs ovmeadows 21 3,110 04-28-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 39 2,293 04-06-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 263 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 327 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 208 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,362 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.