Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Whistling Airsense 10 - Not the humidifier
Whistling Airsense 10 - Not the humidifier
Hello,

So, I'm finally in a position to really get started on my therapy, a mask that seems like it might work well, settings that look good, but now my machine has started whistling! It sounds like this. It's brand new (never used before me, I got it just over a week ago), but also second hand (I got it from someone who hadn't used it) so I don't think I can return it under warranty? So I'm trying to figure the problem out myself.

So far I have tried:
  • Checking the seal on the humidifier. Via elastic band, and via plugging one of the holes and blowing into the other. The former didn't solve the whistle, the latter showed no issues.
  • Swapping the humidifier for the original side panel.
  • Reseating the Climateline hose.
  • Examining the hose socket/entry for any obvious issues.
  • Swapping the Climateline hose for some new Slimline tubing.
  • Changing the filter.
It still whistles, and the whistle is clearly coming from the machine (confirmed by my partner who can more easily move around between mask and machine to check).

Are there any other obvious ideas I'm missing that I could try? I'm willing to buy replacement parts if necessary, but as the machine is new I'd really like to be sure something is the issue before I fork out, as I'm still paying off the machine itself.

Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Whistling Airsense 10 - Not the humidifier
Check the Resmed Airsense 10 Air Outlet Adapter. It is about a $10 part and is the attachment point for the tube and seals with a silicone seal inside the machine to the side-cover or humidifier chamber. Be sure it is fully seated, try reseating, try replacing.

[Image: RES37310.jpg?1562041943]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much! Luckily reseating it just by unclipping it and trying to pull it out, then putting it back in place, seems to have worked. I was really worried, I couldn't get it out of the device, and they don't sell the part in the UK (I even phoned Resmed, they can't sell it) so I'd have to try importing it from the US or something.

My first night of sleep on CPAP, achieved! Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought reseating would be sufficient. It fits over a retaining pin and can sometimes be displaced. Glad your repair worked.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 94 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 350 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 252 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 890 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 504 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 422 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,322 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.