Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Whistling CPAP
RE: Whistling CPAP
Thanks for the suggestion. I do want to try a different brand but it depends on what my insurance will cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your insurance will cover any Cpap it will be your provider that will push the dreamstation. They make much more on the Phillips (insurance pays the same amount for. Both).  It is your choice BUT there is a possibility the supplier you are with may only sell the Phillips. 

If so find another.

Have the Dr Recommend a ResMed A10 autoset on the RX
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I am waiting for a call back to make a specific request. My pulmonologist knows I wanted a different brand and my insurance covers all of them, I am pretty sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Request the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset. Beware of other models with similar sounding names. Have your doctor write the prescription specifically for that machine. There is a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset for Her, which is even better.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They submit the prescription to my insurance’s DME supplier and they call me and ask me my preferences. I am on the phone with them now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 10 whistling Jim Logan 2 387 11-19-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Jim Logan
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 581 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Whistling Airsense 10 - Not the humidifier Sugarvenom 3 1,261 02-25-2021, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Whistling 'eeee' noise susilosaja 12 10,723 02-26-2020, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Damiansd
  Ear whistling - CPAP machine SleepMelb 4 1,344 06-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Whistling noise through the vent holes Slugger 4 6,351 05-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: 3rdMarDiv
  Whistling noise jskjr 4 2,942 03-05-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: mesenteria

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.