Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DS2 wifi?
DS2 wifi?
The DS2 appears to have both Bluetooth and wifi capability based on the display (both symbols).  But I haven’t seen anywhere to configure wifi. I’d at least like to get the MAC address for it (should start with 01FFFF).

It’s also annoying that turning on airplane mode only works for a couple of days, then it goes back to normal automatically.

To be clear, my goals here are to prevent connection to anything and (preferably) find a way to turn off any signal broadcast from the device.
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DS2 wifi?
The DS2 has Blue Tooth and a cellular modem (think cell phone). It does not have WiFi that would connect to your wireless router. The cellular modem calls 'home' (Resperonics) every morning a short while after you've completed the nightly use of your CPAP. 

To prevent the cellular signal from going anywhere, there have been suggestions of enclosing the CPAP within a 'Faraday cage' (grounded metal enclosure which could be wire mesh) which essentially traps the cell radio signal within it. The only people that could see the cellular communications would be Philips Respironics. For someone to see the Blue Tooth data the CPAP would need to be paired to the smart device by you. What are your concerns/fears that you want to block external connections?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DS2 wifi?
It’s not a matter of fear.  It’s a matter of 1) my data is nobody else’s business, and 2) not wanting a wireless device potentially transmitting inches away from my head all night for no reason that benefits me.
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone using a wifi dongle with Transcend 3? nathanoj 0 373 06-13-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: nathanoj
  Resmed Airsense 11 autoset machine SD card and WIFI Tekno1 15 3,305 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Tekno1
  WiFi Enabled SD Memory Card Nightynite 8 2,559 01-11-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  resmed airsense 10 wifi kerm007 34 16,162 03-17-2018, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Connect to DreamStation over Wifi? JRoque 8 7,744 08-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  Airsense 10 autoset wifi nino1971 10 8,376 08-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Last Question.....WIFI Matzaball2016 7 1,792 04-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Matzaball2016

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.