Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph
Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph
Hi,

At some point in Oscars development, the pressure graph changed. It added a center line and the set values change as you scroll through the Graph along with a pressure attribute as well. Does anyone have a clear definition of this graph? I have looked through the Oscar documentation and it doesn't reflect what I currently have. What I am seeing is obviously newer, and it would be nice to have clear definitions since a value that ends in the word set would imply a value that doesn't change, but yet they do as you scroll through the graph. I am not asking for a definition of Ipap or Epap as that concept I understand, I would also understand if Ipap set was for instance reflective of max ipap or Epap set was minimum Epap but they are clearly more reflective of dynamic behavior and it would be nice to have a definition for Epap Set, Ipap Set and Pressure in regards to there role on the graph at any given time. Also since Epap or Ipap represents an inspiration or expiration pressure, what is the single pressure line in the middle and what is its relevance to the current Ipap or Epap Pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation auto-bipap Oscar pressure Graph
I thought you would get a reply from one of the Oscar development team. I asked a similar question in the Software Support forum a year or two ago, but can't find that response now. As I recall the pressure line is a data output from the Philips machines and is included along with the set minimim (EPAP) and IPAP pressure. I think it may reflect an actual delivered pressure. If you want a more precise reply, I can move this thread to the Software Support Forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
microvax,

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing in OSCAR? It might help...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Sleeprider, I can always seem to count on you. If you wouldn't mind pushing it over to support that would be great. I think it would be best to get this documented for more than just me. I will try to post a picture of the graph tomorrow.

Thanks Jeff, I will try to post it tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go Jeff. Attached is the BiPAP pressure graph with the headings. If it just said Ipap or Epap as you scroll across the screen that would be okay, but why Ipap set or Epap set and what is pressure on a machine that should provide two different pressures depending upon inhale and exhale?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go Sleeprider with a copy of the pressure graph. Thanks as always.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=48409]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 577 6 hours ago
Last Post: sallym
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 106 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 527 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  OSCAR not picking up resetting of min pressure? WisNaeMe 6 535 01-17-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Stuck in previous pressure settings. ejbpesca 9 960 10-16-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.