Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Worried about new centrals
RE: Worried about new centrals
(08-23-2019, 10:05 AM)ReturnofXile Wrote: Also, I don't know if this is related, but I have consistently seen my mean tidal volume decrease over the past couple of months. It used to be around 380 - 400. And now it's usually hitting 360 and today it sinked to 340. It's really starting to scare the crap out of me. It makes me wonder if I have some lung condition like COPD or something. I'm 30 years old, I don't smoke, but my mom smoked all the time when I was growing up. Anyways, those are just my thoughts. 

Thank you and have a nice day,

Ted

My mean Tidal volume has been between 280-340 for almost 2 years per the CPAP data.  I have zero lung issues.  Maybe it is just how you are?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2019, 12:16 AM)Sleepy8989 Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 10:05 AM)ReturnofXile Wrote: Also, I don't know if this is related, but I have consistently seen my mean tidal volume decrease over the past couple of months. It used to be around 380 - 400. And now it's usually hitting 360 and today it sinked to 340. It's really starting to scare the crap out of me. It makes me wonder if I have some lung condition like COPD or something. I'm 30 years old, I don't smoke, but my mom smoked all the time when I was growing up. Anyways, those are just my thoughts. 

Thank you and have a nice day,

Ted

My mean Tidal volume has been between 280-340 for almost 2 years per the CPAP data.  I have zero lung issues.  Maybe it is just how you are?

Really? And you haven't had any issues with getting a good night's sleep? I was under the impression that if your respiration rate was high, that it could be a indicative of shallow breathing which could possibly limit the amount of deep sleep that you are getting. Usually my respiration rate is anywhere from 17-21 breaths per minute while sleeping. I've seen some people on here that average 12-15, often with a higher tidal volume.  My minute ventilation is usually between 6.75 and 7.5.  Part of me was wondering why doesn't my body ever slow down it's breathing... When I'm awake and relaxed and consciously breathing, I can easily average 8-12 breaths per minute (usually with a 4 second inhale and a 3-4 second exhale). It would just seem to me as you are sleeping you would be even more relaxed and that the breathing pattern would closely follow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for responding and giving me some information to work with. I just want to give a quick update. The past 3 days I've slept with the cervical collar and my clusters of CA events have basically disappeared and my AHI is back to normal. Honestly, I didn't think I was tucking my chin, but I guess I was at least somewhat doing it and that was restricting the airflow. I'm very happy that this issue could be resolved as fast as it was. I'll be sure to keep an eye on the data over the next couple weeks just to make sure everything is in order. Thanks again everyone for your help! It is greatly appreciated!! Have a wonderful day.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a common outcome, and you may train yourself to avoid chin-tucking. It's good that the positional issues are resolved for now, and it's worth being aware that it may just be a matter of using the cervical collar until you no longer need it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,141 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 388 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,801 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 235 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 409 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 692 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.