Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Write Protect SD Card???
Write Protect SD Card???
New at this, stupid question.  Just downloaded Sleepyhead and it says to always write protect SD card before inserting them into computer.  I got a new Resmed Airsense 10 last night (not working well, probably my fault, still learning) and was just going to slap its SD card into the computer.  Bad move?   I have a laptop w/Windows 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Write Protect SD Card???
Write protection means the white slider tab needs to in the lock position before plugging it into anything other than your CPAP machine. Look for a lock and unlock picture near the white tab on your SD card, but I think the universal direction for these is slide towards the metal connection end to unlock and back towards the middle to lock.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only machine affected by this warning is the Resmed S9. All newer Resmed Airsense/Aircurve 10s and the Philips Respironics machines are not affected by system files written to the SD card. Unless you own a S9 generation machine, ignore the lock SD card warning. The risk of putting it back into the CPAP locked is higher. You may safely ignore the lock SD card warning.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, thanks.  My first nite was a little disappointing, got up to pee 5 times, my events per hr were 10.6 where sleep study was 7.1.  However, the wife said it was most peaceful night she had seen me have in years, no snoring, not much thrashing around, etc.  Felt more rested than in years, laid in bed 9hrs mostly sleeping---so mixed bag I guess.

I lucked into an excellent DME provider and the girl there said not to panic for a few nights.  Sometimes takes a few nights to break years of habits, etc.  So I will not deluge you guys w/SD card data for a week or so.  Give her a chance to guide me thru this.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds positive. You are making progress. Kudos. Keep us posted.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2018, 12:39 PM)Snorzz Wrote: OK, thanks.  My first nite was a little disappointing, got up to pee 5 times, my events per hr were 10.6 where sleep study was 7.1.  However, the wife said it was most peaceful night she had seen me have in years, no snoring, not much thrashing around, etc.  Felt more rested than in years, laid in bed 9hrs mostly sleeping---so mixed bag I guess.

I lucked into an excellent DME provider and the girl there said not to panic for a few nights.  Sometimes takes a few nights to break years of habits, etc.  So I will not deluge you guys w/SD card data for a week or so.  Give her a chance to guide me thru this.

Event rates may be higher, but with much shorter duration. How you "feel" counts a lot!  As you gain experience, we can help further optimize the results, but in the meanwhile, don't discount the value of letting your wife enjoy a peaceful night, and feeling personally more rested.  We can get all wrapped up in the numbers, but the benefits of this therapy has nothing to do with improved numbers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also consider that if you were waking up several times, many events when you are not fully asleep "don't count"... particularly "CA" events, which are common when you hold your breath while you roll over or sit up just before getting up.

Your machine will not register events during the ramp-up period when it knows (or assumes) that you are not fully awake, but once you're out, the machine is not good at sensing full arousals, so it will register false events.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, last nite, laid in bed 9 1/2 hrs, mostly sleeping, feel pretty gd this morning.  Prob haven't had more than 4-5 hrs of sleep (non restful) in  nearly 10 yrs before this.  AHI was 7.4, still higher than sleep test of 7.1, but comments on false readings prob makes sense.  I'm going to accumulate a week or two of experience, then decide if I should be worried.  My DME was worried abt compliance, but I actually enjoy lying there with the mask on.  My body now feels peaceful; no need to thrash around anymore.  Hopeful!
Post Reply Post Reply
Snorzz, would be helpful if you updated your user profile to include the machine, mask, pressure and other information http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php

We still don't know if you got the Autoset or a different model. You should download #Sleepyhead if you have not done so already. Telling us your AHI without saying what kind of events there are, or what your settings are, precludes useuful comments.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Entered the machine & mask data.  Hope pressures make sense; they never told me what titrated pressure was, but I think the DME girl said my machine was set to be between 4 & 7 (mmHG??, I dunno).  Things are really going great after 5 nites.  One night was a bummer, but I think a weather front bringing in allergies was responsible (typical for me).  Peed only twice last nite (5 - 8 times usual before machine).  Woke twice (5 - 8 times before).  Fingers crossed, lookin gd!!  Unless something goes wrong, may not worry abt analysis programs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 192 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 677 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 595 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S9; Invalid SD Card after importing (SD write protected) GreenScrew 8 1,071 03-20-2023, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is it necessary to turn on the write protect switch on the sd card before importing? Determinism 1 656 06-29-2022, 12:20 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,365 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleephead Tries to write to My SD card cmccarter 6 2,111 04-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Squirrel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.