Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
"Two days ago, I was up early.  I was cheerful, so much so that I had a big smile plastered across my face." 

Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Love these stories. thanks for this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inspire
Moved over to the Inspire device a year ago and wanted to share my review.

I went from using several CPAP devices and a dental appliance to Inspire.  I struggled with CPAP mask leaks which caused damage to my right cornea.  Since getting the Inspire device I use it every night and I am getting the best sleep in years.  My wife said the snoring stopped the day I turned on the device.  When I travel Or go on vacation I just have a small remote to carry with me and there is nothing to clean.  My adoption of the device was fast and the company has been great to work with on the device and settings.  During my sleep study they showed a reduction in the hourly apenas to zero.

In order to be approved for the device they do a sleep study with a camera down your throat while they put you under so they can see what happens to your airway.  In my case they could see it collapse when this happened they stimulated the hypoglossal nerve and could see my tongue move forward and open the airway.

I was given the choice of three options,  surgery to open the airway, surgery to break my jaw and move it forward to open the airway or the Inspire device.  The Inspire device was the least invasive of the options.

Pain after the surgery was mild the hardest thing was waiting a month to turn on the device.

If you are struggling with CPAP before you give up look into the Inspire device.  I have lost family members and friends to sleep apnea and the Inspire device has been a life changer.

If anyone has questions please reach out and I will do my best to answer them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fascinating post, Schandler. I'm glad to hear things worked out so well for you. I've posted a link to your message over in this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ire-device?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried various masks, cervical collars, and pillows. What worked for my is the N20 nasal mask. My AHI down and I don't even wear a cervical collar! I use a shallow pillow as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use to always get really tired around 2-3 pm every day some times really fighting to stay awake at work. I tried everything that google tells will cause that before finally talking to my doctor about sleep apena. Now as long as I don't have a bad AHI night I no longer have that tired spell and get through the day without my body trying to shut down.
Post Reply Post Reply
After over a month with the nasal pillows I had to get rid of them. My mouth filling up with air was becoming to much of a problem and while it got slightly better with time it wasn't good enough.

The good thing is wearing nasal pillows helped prepare me for the full face mask (resmed f30) and it was much easier to wear this time around than before when I tried it. My sleep has been so much better. I dont' wake up at all from air getting in my mouth which would happen maybe 5-6 times a night. It would happen more often the longer I slept. All the mouth taping when I wore the nasal pillows seems to have made it so I don't breath through my mouth like I used to as well.

My only real issue now is that I wake up to pee at least once a night. I drink so much water during the day I'm not sure it can be stopped. With the nasal pillows it was very easy to slip on and off and go back to bed. The F30 is a little more involved and if I mess it up (which can happen pretty easily) it can be a lot more involved. So will see how that goes this week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been on CPAP for about 3 months. Few good things happened:

1. BP went from 159/82 to 118/62.
2. Lost 20# because I have energy to exercise (and have pulled sugar from diet). 13# more to lose.
3. Feeling alert in the morning. No more grogginess.
4. Was able to find the perfect mask (AirFit P30i) after trying about 4 or 5 different ones.
5. Finding forums (like this one) and support pages on FB helped considerably in my education.
6. Found GREAT YouTube videos by two amazing guys who know their stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats and welcome to ApneaBoard. This is the stuff we love to hear. Masks can be difficult to zone in on the right one, so we’ll done.

Now if you could bottle the losing weigh thing, I’d be buying it. And you’d be getting rich. Thanks
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks RayBee! I feel CPAP therapy has been a gift and a huge motivation for getting my health back. To look forward to going to bed and waking up to a brand new day is like magic.

Radical diet changes will pretty much guarantee weight loss. Again, motivation is on high.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 166 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,632 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 190 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,840 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 174 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 551 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.