Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
"Two days ago, I was up early.  I was cheerful, so much so that I had a big smile plastered across my face." 

Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Love these stories. thanks for this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inspire
Moved over to the Inspire device a year ago and wanted to share my review.

I went from using several CPAP devices and a dental appliance to Inspire.  I struggled with CPAP mask leaks which caused damage to my right cornea.  Since getting the Inspire device I use it every night and I am getting the best sleep in years.  My wife said the snoring stopped the day I turned on the device.  When I travel Or go on vacation I just have a small remote to carry with me and there is nothing to clean.  My adoption of the device was fast and the company has been great to work with on the device and settings.  During my sleep study they showed a reduction in the hourly apenas to zero.

In order to be approved for the device they do a sleep study with a camera down your throat while they put you under so they can see what happens to your airway.  In my case they could see it collapse when this happened they stimulated the hypoglossal nerve and could see my tongue move forward and open the airway.

I was given the choice of three options,  surgery to open the airway, surgery to break my jaw and move it forward to open the airway or the Inspire device.  The Inspire device was the least invasive of the options.

Pain after the surgery was mild the hardest thing was waiting a month to turn on the device.

If you are struggling with CPAP before you give up look into the Inspire device.  I have lost family members and friends to sleep apnea and the Inspire device has been a life changer.

If anyone has questions please reach out and I will do my best to answer them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fascinating post, Schandler. I'm glad to hear things worked out so well for you. I've posted a link to your message over in this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ire-device?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I've tried various masks, cervical collars, and pillows. What worked for my is the N20 nasal mask. My AHI down and I don't even wear a cervical collar! I use a shallow pillow as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow My Apnea Story (Includes DS2, S9, low AHI, RERAs) - Help! xxxxqwe 9 255 06-13-2021, 04:21 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN
  Can we post sleep studies for board examination and reccomendations? Night Train 2 93 06-10-2021, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Night Train
  2 months in.... hard to judge success MiddleAgeGeek 7 221 06-05-2021, 01:49 PM
Last Post: KillerFitfh
  First Post - 60 days using CPAP - AHI still 10+ Oscar Data included fikus56 19 641 06-04-2021, 09:51 AM
Last Post: fikus56
  1st post - Sturggling with fatigue - OSCAR results attatched SeekingSleep 13 470 05-11-2021, 11:19 PM
Last Post: SeekingSleep
  THE ROAD TO SUCCESS...almost there, help fine tuning please! SevereApnea 23 1,227 04-30-2021, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question First Post Organization and Help Lgibson 19 635 04-09-2021, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Lgibson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.