Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

a few more weeks in, tuning stage two
a few more weeks in, tuning stage two
I posted a few weeks ago after some time of trying out a new apap and several of you were kind enough to view my data and offer advice in a thread at http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-dialed-in .  Since then I've made some changes and would like to check in again.

I started with the buckwheat hull pillow and I think I like it.  I've been trying to be less of a back sleeper.  I tried a chin strap, though I'm not certain it was helpful.  I also decided to use the wisp instead of the nuance pro for a while.  I believe I made a small bump in min pressure and reduced flex a little as well since I'm now more comfortable with the machine.  I tried the soft cervical collar as well (walgreens, $15, like an inch thick, a few inches tall, firm foam) and couldn't tolerate it at all.  

I'd appreciate any insight you might have on my data and what I should be doing.

http:// imgur.com/a/6wBeT

I don't feel a remarkable increase in energy or anything like that, but I do believe I am waking up less.  

I've set SH "calculate unintentional leaks" to 19.4L/40.3L to approximate wisp values.  I set it to flag leaks over 60.0L/min then as well. 

The data on the 6th reflects me trying the next size up on the wisp mask to see if it would help with abrasion on the bottom of the nose, I promptly switched back to M/L.  

From my current understanding my interpretation would be that my leak rate is a bit erratic but usually looks acceptable given the number of events.   Pressure look good?  To me it looks like the auto function is kicking it up when needed.    Any thoughts or suggestions would be quite welcome. Is it worth considering a full face mask? The F20 seems promising but I have a closely trimmed beard/moustache and wonder if there will be seal issues.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 172 3 hours ago
Last Post: timthebaker
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 571 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,502 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,329 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.