Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

any solutions to chin strap marks?
any solutions to chin strap marks?
I have ruby red chinstrap, and works as advertised.  However, I have deep marks that last until the afternoon.  Anyone found any solutions or other chin straps that don't leave these marks?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: any solutions to chin strap marks?
Check out supplier 31 on the suppliers list. They sell pads for mask straps. I'm sure you could use them for a chin strap also.

The other thing is you really shouldn't have the chin strap that tight.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2017, 04:06 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Check out supplier 31 on the suppliers list. They sell pads for mask straps. I'm sure you could use them for a chin strap also.

The other thing is you really shouldn't have the chin strap that tight.

If I loosen it, my ahi goes up and I have bloating in the morning  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried one those chin straps last night and lasted all of 15 minutes until I ripped it off. Maybe I had it adjusted wrong but it seemed to do a better job of driving my chin into my skull where my jaw hinges to it than it did at keeping my mouth shut.

I'll try again tonight though, because my mouth kept opening all night waking me up, which resulted in very little sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2017, 05:35 PM)Koolbreeze Wrote: I tried one those chin straps last night and lasted all of 15 minutes until I ripped it off. Maybe I had it adjusted wrong but it seemed to do a better job of driving my chin into my skull where my jaw hinges to it than it did at keeping my mouth shut.

I'll try again tonight though, because my mouth kept opening all night waking me up, which resulted in very little sleep.

Try wearing it back further on your jaw. Mine works better for me when it is on the jaw instead of the chin. start out just tight enough to hold your mouth shut and loose enough you can open your mouth. Just like a mask, it can take time to learn what works best for you.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to use the ruby chin strap and just recently switched to a TOROS-GROUP Ergonomic Cervical Collar. It is working much better for me. My leaks are down to zero and it if more comfortable than a chin strap. I always had problems with the straps slipping off my chin in the night and needing readjusting. The ruby one worked the best but I still had that problem. I also did not like how much strapping there is in the ruby. I use the P10 mask and it kind of defeats the comfort of minimal straps of the mask when you add on all the ones for a chin strap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 614 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 598 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,113 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 503 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,549 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.