Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

any thoughts?
RE: any thoughts?
I think the initial discomfort will pass as you become accustomed to the new pressure. Flow limits have dropped from a 95th percentile of 0.11 to 0.04, and that actually tells us you had an easier time breathing. If you vertically shrink the graphs, we can probably see why the pressure went up and RERA events happened at 22:30. I think you are much more in-range for pressure here.

I think we should set realistic expectations for this therapy. We can optimize it to provide fewer events and less effort to breath due to airway restriction, however we can't make you sleep well or feel refreshed. Even people without apnea can "feel" sleep was not satisfying. Your therapy will improve your health and give you a decent shot at better sleep with fewer arousals, but feeling good takes time and is not usually the result of one night. That said, give it time to adapt to the higher pressure and EPR we are using.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure the numbers really reflect it, but last night seemed to feel better (I also took a melatonin gummy which may have helped). Still getting some CAs, but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you're feeling some better and the events are minimal, this sounds like a win. Keep at it and try to build a trend of good stats and feeling better for the therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep disordered breathing seems much better resolved, and you put in some good time in therapy. There is a lot of spikes in the respiration rate which may be movement in your sleep. It's not something we can address with settings, but that is the only thing I can see that does not look great.

I mentioned before you can resize these graphs to show more information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. Looks like I had even fewer events last night. I zoomed in on one of those repatriation rate spikes too (unless I did it wrong?). I almost never make it through the night without waking up to toss and turn at some point, so not sure if that's related.

Post Reply Post Reply
To really understand what is going on with the respiratory flow, a zoom window of less than 5 minutes is needed so that the flow wave is visible. The Daily Details Events tab has a slider at the bottom of the left column to help you set the view window. Anyway, as these new settings settle-in your upper pressure has slowly come down and it just looks better night-by-night. This is what we were talking about when I said it may take time to adapt to the new settings. It really appears you are setup where you need to be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Well that's good to hear! I'll keep at it. And I think I zoomed in correctly on those spikes here, looks like something wonky was going on.

Post Reply Post Reply
There is a periodic increase in respiratory rate to 30-40 breaths per minute. These episodes last a very short time, and are not related to recovery breathing. This could be related to active sleep, restless legs or periodic leg movement. I'm not even going to try to guess, but some members have used night-video or relied on a spouse to see if events like this are related to movement, and to try to narrow down the possibilities. This is unrelated to CPAP therapy and in most cases can be treated if you can figure out why this occurs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Well that was weird. After mostly uneventful nights (with seemingly easier breathing), I had an extremely bizarre one. I can't remember ever having an ahi this bad since I started therapy. I was eventually having such a hard time staying asleep, that I ended up taking the mask off for the rest of the night (something I haven't done in weeks). Hoping this isn't the start of a trend, I included another recent night for comparison.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,745 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,506 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,567 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 831 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 420 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 401 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Anyone seen it/tried it? Thoughts. David Clark 6 732 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.