Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

apneamon - Therapy Thread
apneamon - Therapy Thread
Hey guys, I've tried CPAP for about 4 months after my diagnosis earlier this year. Was using nasal masks that never worked. Turns out I have a deviated septum + enlarged turbs. I'm getting surgery for that but in the meantime wanted to see if I can get fullface masks to work. Attached an image of my Oscar report for last night. I set pressure at about 8 since that was the best pressure when using nasal masks before but having lot of CA events. I've read in some cases to reduce pressure for CAs and then some saying to increase pressure. Not sure what to do but would love some input to what direction I should be going. Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help optimizing pressure
I'm unable to tell if you are using EPR.  If you are, turn it off.  This can aggravate CA's.

Also, it would be better if we could see the entire chart.  Use the F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12) to take a Screenshot.  The grafts most helpful are Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Leak Rate.

Please include left sidebar with all statistics visible.  Eliminate the calendar.  

Once we can see the entire picture, we can better advise.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, EPR is on. Set to 3.

Post Reply Post Reply
Turn it down. Try EPR set at 1.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same pressure at 8?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, for now or at least until you can post an updated chart.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Did last night with EPR off. Attached pic. Reduced CAs and feel like I had better sleep but still had a lot of tossing and turning similar to sleep without CPAP.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, turning EPR off made a difference in CA's, but a slight increase in Flow Limitations.

To help with that, move EPR to 1. Keep at these settings for awhile.

There's not much on your chart that explains why your sleep is fragmented. There could be so many reasons for it, and your deviated septum probably contributes.
Other things could be medications. Or for some, it just takes time to adjust.

How does your mask fit? You don't seem to have any leaks, but it is comfortable?
The spikes on the leak chart represent mask movement. Could be from tossing and turning.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Because you say you are tossing
Try pressure fixed at 8 and EPR=1

lets see how that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2022, 11:36 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Ok, turning EPR off made a difference in CA's, but a slight increase in Flow Limitations.

To help with that, move EPR to 1.  Keep at these settings for awhile.

There's not much on your chart that explains why your sleep is fragmented.  There could be so many reasons for it, and your deviated septum probably contributes.  
Other things could be medications.  Or for some, it just takes time to adjust.  

How does your mask fit?  You don't seem to have any leaks, but it is comfortable?
The spikes on the leak chart represent mask movement.  Could be from tossing and turning.

Okay will add in 1 EPR. 

Not on any medications. 

Mask fits fine, have been fine tuning since only using it for 5 days now. 

How do you think the deviated septum plays into this with a full face mask? I was under the impression that the nasal blockage would not be a factor with a fullface mask since air can also be inhaled through the mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 250 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,335 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,195 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.