Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

app for monitoring sleep quality with CPAP - but without extra hardware?
app for monitoring sleep quality with CPAP - but without extra hardware?
Hi

I've seen discussions of apps for monitoring sleep quality, but they all seem to require purchase of expensive watches. On the other hand, the Google PlayStore has bunches of apps without the extra hardware that claim to use the phone's accelerometer and microphone to determine movement etc. I imagine that the CPAP's noise would also disturb the app's data.
There are also cheap watches that claim to provide data but somehow I doubt that they're worth much.
Is there an app that I can use without a special watch, and would work along with the CPAP?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: app for monitoring sleep quality with CPAP - but without extra hardware?
before cpap I used 'sleep as android' for several years, mainly to track my many awakenings and for the noise activated audio recorder. I haven't used it for several years so I'm not familiar with all the changes they've made to the app. I'd like to use the noise recorder but I haven't figured out how to adjust it's sensitivity to hear snores, for example, over the sound of the pap machine. last I saw it can use either the accelerometer or some kind of sonar to track movement. the sonar isn't affected by machine noise. I think the tracking of movement is how it estimates sleep stages and isn't 'granular' enough to give us much info about the movements themselves.

idk if it'll serve your purposes, but based on my past experience with it, I'd recommend it to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: app for monitoring sleep quality with CPAP - but without extra hardware?
Thanks! I'll try it
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 158 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 479 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 248 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.