Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

backup and apparent loss of data?
backup and apparent loss of data?
     I "backupped" my data to my computer and now I can't find the backup on my computer, but more importantly, when I start OSCAR it asks me to create a new folder (see photo of screen).  How do I find my files on my computer and get back to the 8-months of my old data?   Thanks!   
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: backup and apparent loss of data?
Did you just copy the folders to another location or did you perform a zip file type of operation? Also, when did you do it? (Date and time)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick response.  Yesterday at around 7pm, I went under OSCAR-File and did "Print Report" and "Export Data" (Last month), and "Backup Journal".   I got a "summary" file for last month that worked fine and a file called "journal" that is an "XML" file and opens in Adobe Illustrator with nothing much in it.   Now I can't open my original OSCAR user data for the last 240 days... Can you help me?
Post Reply Post Reply
Several things to try here.  You might have tried many or all of my suggestions already.  
  • Look in File ⇾ Preferences ⇾ Import and see if you have the "Do not import data before" checked.  If so, deselect it.
  • Try Data ⇾ Rebuild CPAP Data ⇾ your machine and serial number
  • You can restore your backed up data that resides in the OSCAR_Data/Profiles/your username/the machine name and serial number/Backup directory.

I hope one of these might help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your recommendations.  I tried everything and then realized that after I had made the "summaries" and moved them into a separate folder I had inadvertently also move all my data and profile information out of the "documents" folder and into a folder on the Desktop.  Therefore Oscar couldn't find my profile info and old data until I moved them back into the "documents" folder... Now everything is working again.  Hallelujah and thanks again for your help...
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you got it fixed!  Nothing like a good PEBKAC error to ruin your day! Smile
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 96 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,025 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Automatic Wi-Fi SD Card backup? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 620 01-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD Cards - backup [SOLVED] Post 11 ApneaticBill 39 2,429 12-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ApneaticBill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.